All in one quick shifter + 2 step? Does it exist?

Rattlehead

Registered
So I have a Healtech QuickShifter on one of my other bikes and it connects between the coil packs/wires. I believe a 2 step connects in the same way. So my question is does anyone offer an all in one unit? Otherwise is it even possible to connect them both at the same time?

What’s the best option for this?

Thanks!

If you have a PC5 with ignition module, you can get 2 step. Yes, it's totally possible to connect that along with a QS that connects to the coils. The DJ system doesn't connect to the coils. DJ makes a quickshifter too and I don't think that connects to the coils either. You can use your current QS with the DJ setup. I was planning to use the HM quickshifter alog with my DJ setup on my previous bike (not a busa) before I wrecked it.

If you have a PC5 with ignition module, you can get 2 step. Yes, it's totally possible to connect that along with a QS that connects to the coils. The DJ system doesn't connect to the coils. DJ makes a quickshifter too and I don't think that connects to the coils either. You can use your current QS with the DJ setup. I was planning to use the HM quickshifter alog with my DJ setup on my previous bike (not a busa) before I wrecked it.
Perfect. In that case I’ll go ahead and install the Healtech QuickShifter and do the 2 step via PC5 a little later.

Thanks for the help guys!

Don't forget, You need to hook in the DJ Ignition Module too.
10-4. I’ll have to pick up both of them a little later. I’m just glad to know that there’s a way to use my QS and a 2 step at the same time. I prefer a QuickShifter over an Air Shifter for what I’ll be doing with the bike.

Appreciate it!

How does that work? No hardware needed? If not, how would you set the RPM?

Thanks!

you can do both

need an ecu flasher to flash the ecu to turn things on like 2 step or quick shift kill, can also adjust fueling, ignition, limiters, etc etc.
You can avoid multiple add-on boxes by going the ECU flash method. It won't do everything, but even when you add other boxes I prefer integrating with the ECU instead of another add-on box. For example I have a Boost by Smith auto-shift that integrates with the ECU instead of a kill box so I'm not hacking up the coil wires. I use a progressive nitrous controller that integrates with the ECU providing a higher level of safety. No need for a Power Commander or ignition module. You also get control of a lot of other functionality.

One of the advantages of going the ECU Editor route is you can kill fuel and ignition both for the QS. It keeps that back fire from happening after the ignition cut.

You can also go with woolich. I’m switching everything over from PCV to Woolich log box this year. Comes with a quickshifter and has built in launch control.
Yep. I run Woolich on one of my bikes. You still need ECU Editor for some functions but it works. You might look at a standalone ECU if you want the best functionality. It is more work but the price isn't so bad if you are comparing to Woolich with options.

Thanks guys. Less modules definitely sounds better. I guess I’m just confused about how you’d set the maximum rpm with the ECU version. Would it have to be sent off and reflashed every time I want to adjust the launch rpm, or is it something I can do myself?

Smithabusa said I need an ECU flasher.. as in someone to flash it for me or a piece of equipment to flash it myself?

You buy the flash box, either from Boost by Smith or Woolich. You set everything you want including rpm limits, fan-on temps, timing maps (get rid of the restrictive first gear), top speed, shifter kill, the list goes on.... then you flash the ECU yourself. You can send it in every time for someone else to do it but once you are set up you are good to go.

10-4. I’ll have to pick up both of them a little later. I’m just glad to know that there’s a way to use my QS and a 2 step at the same time. I prefer a QuickShifter over an Air Shifter for what I’ll be doing with the bike.

Appreciate it!
Sure thing. If you don't already have the PC5 and have no need for one, I'd go with the ECU Editor box from Boost by Smith. I have one of those too. I have yet to play with it but it's going to be a lot less expensive than a DJ setup and you will be able to do a lot more stuff with it. You can't adjust fueling with ECU Editor but just about anything else you get with a flash and more is waiting for you with ECU Editor.

I was just looking at the Boost by Smith website. Seems reasonably priced too. That’s most likely the direction I’ll go.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

Sure thing. If you don't already have the PC5 and have no need for one, I'd go with the ECU Editor box from Boost by Smith. I have one of those too. I have yet to play with it but it's going to be a lot less expensive than a DJ setup and you will be able to do a lot more stuff with it. You can't adjust fueling with ECU Editor but just about anything else you get with a flash and more is waiting for you with ECU Editor.
You can adjust fueling with ECU Editor, it just doesn't provide an "auto-tune" function and it doesn't have wideband O2 support.

Back