Quick shifter question

It looks like my HM Plus shifter should work if I hooked up a connector like the one on the loom and routed the other end to the ECU (or whatever wire going to the ECU that is responsible for an ignition cut). The loom has two wires in it so I presume one constantly draws a small amount of current off the coils to power the module and the other draws all current during the ignition cut. If I found out which of the two wires from the loom provides power for the module, I could hook that up to any power source and the other wire in the loom would be spliced to whichever wire is required to do the ECU editor quickshifter function. Set the module for one mls to trigger the ECU ignition cut, set ECU editor quickshifter for 55 mls. The ECU would cut ignition for 55 mls in response to the pulse from the loom wire. Sound reasonable?

I could still retain the use of sensitivity and compression/extension adjustments that are set in the module while using the ECU to do the ignition cut. Come to think of it, the sensitivity and compression/extension settings might be why a strain gauge might not work without its module hooked up to it.

View attachment 1632159

Just wondering. For $170, it might just be worth it to go with the Dano strain gauge. I could probably sell the used HM Plus for that much.
a whole lot less wiring on the bike that way :)

@smithabusa but I'd still have sensitivity settings using the HM Plus and module as described. ECU editor doesn't allow for adjusting sensitivity of the strain gauge does it? That must be preset in the Dano strain gauge as well as compression or extension according to which you choose.

Of course, if you already have the HM Plus or some other shifter, why not use it as intended and skip the ECU editor approach for quickshifter? :D The wiring to the coils would be the only disadvantage.

@smithabusa but I'd still have sensitivity settings using the HM Plus and module as described. ECU editor doesn't allow for adjusting sensitivity of the strain gauge does it? That must be preset in the Dano strain gauge as well as compression or extension according to which you choose.

Of course, if you already have the HM Plus or some other shifter, why not use it as intended and skip the ECU editor approach for quickshifter? :D The wiring to the coils would be the only disadvantage.
No the danos switch isnt a sttain gauge its a mechanical switch

Hi..

Danos Performance switch, Push Type, 2wires,
Normally Open.

Gen 1.
Flashed ECU (with QS functionality.)

Where do I connect these two wires to?
Do i need another item? Or can i just use it as-is?

My PCV was recently removed as it is not functioning normally anymore.
The bike struggles to stay idle with the PCV connected.
Tried updating the software, firmware, calibration of TPS etc… doesn’t solve the problems.

Last edited:
D
Hi..

Danos Performance switch, Push Type, 2wires,
Normally Open.

Gen 1.
Flashed ECU (with QS functionality.)

Where do I connect these two wires to?
Do i need another item? Or can i just use it as-is?

My PCV was recently removed as it is not functioning normally anymore.
The bike struggles to stay idle with the PCV connected.
Tried updating the software, firmware, calibration of TPS etc… doesn’t solve the problems.
DAnos sells them plug and play for ecu editor

Ok sure. Will take a look.

Thanks.
Ecueditor v2.5

Clicked the “Install Instructions” and it is a dead end.

Is it moved to another site?

F10A8320-8D6C-45B1-80C5-A385AC0642A2.jpeg

I was doing some reading on quick shifters and found out about being able to set one up thru the ecu. I think I've decided my buddy and I are gonna split the cost and and get a flash kit from Greg but while reading i seen someone say you could use different quickshifters to send the signal. My question is do I need a specific style or will some just work better then others? Reason being i really like the healtech quickshifter for the way it's just a small piece that attaches to your shift linkage and very stealth so if it's possible to make one of those work that's the one I'd wanna use.
It's hard to ride with my riding buddy as I am always mistakenly leaving him behind as I find myself accelerating faster than I usually do pretty much all the time.

The healtech sensor wont work with ecu editor its a strain gauge that requires signal amplification inside of their box

It's hard to ride with my riding buddy as I am always mistakenly leaving him behind as I find myself accelerating faster than I usually do pretty much all the time.
I find myself doing that as well....the quickshifter I have on my gen 2 is flawless

Back