** Need Help With Rear Brake Pedal & Shifter **

vmaxbaby

Registered
Okay from 1 to 10 scale on technical skills for motorcycles I am a 2.. maybe a one :( with 10 being an expert. I have the 08 manual but for some reason reading it is like reading a computer manual. Does any have the steps for dummies on removeing rear brake lever, and shifter ? I have new chrome ones to put on.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Wow nobody...:whistle:

First carefully loosen the locknuts on the shifter link and remove the rod or link.
Then you need to CAREFULLY remove each of the 3 allen head bolts on both brackets.
On shifter side it should now come off in your hand.
Turn it around and remove C-clip with proper tool and slide shifter off. Replace chrome shifter and C-clip.. Done.

On brake side after you take out 3 allen bolts be careful cuz rear master cylinder will still be attached to it.
Turn it around and remove C-clip from shaft and slide brake pedal off. Replace with chrome and replace C-clip..Done

You can take out other two smaller allen head bolts on brake side to make it easier if you want.

Hope this helps

just took mine all apart to get powder coated, only issue is seperating the levers from the plate, you'll need 1 of those needle nose pliers w/ the tiny tip to get these off

C-CLIP.jpg

pretty easy to take apart, hopefully as easy to get back together........lol

i lost 1 c-clip, be careful they fly far. lol

lucky local shop says they have a few in stock, ~$1-2

just took mine all apart to get powder coated, only issue is seperating the levers from the plate, you'll need 1 of those needle nose pliers w/ the tiny tip to get these off

C-CLIP.jpg

pretty easy to take apart, hopefully as easy to get back together........lol

i lost 1 c-clip, be careful they fly far. lol

lucky local shop says they have a few in stock, ~$1-2

Snap rings, snap ring pliers.

Back