Gilles rearset question!

ant4

Registered
Anyone who has installed Gilles rearsets on '08. Just installed a set and I'm having an issue with the rear brake pedal returning to the original position after applying the rear brake. Please help! Thanks in advance.

I have them on my 07. I think I actualy used the stock spring vs the Gilles one provided. I could have saved myself an hour or two if I just left off the rear brake light sensor. IT was a pain to get adjusted right.

???Actually that spring only works the the brake light sensor. The brake cylinder actually push the brake lever back up in place.

What are you looking to know?

I have them on my 07. I think I actualy used the stock spring vs the Gilles one provided. I could have saved myself an hour or two if I just left off the rear brake light sensor. IT was a pain to get adjusted right.

???Actually that spring only works the the brake light sensor. The brake cylinder actually push the brake lever back up in place.

What are you looking to know?

The brake cylinder is not completely pushing the brake lever back into place without a little assistance. I'm not sure what's going on with it.

I just did this last week to my 08 and had the same problem. I was able to resolve it. I used the stock return spring, on the rear section of the brake lever there is a theaded hole that I was able to place the return spring pin, once I did that there was room to install the spring. I will try to take a photo later and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Back