Vortex, Sato or Gilles???

Greenbean

Registered
I am hoping to get a set of these for my black 08 next month, :cheerleader:

However I need help in recommendations. I DO NOT track the bike however I want a solid mounting foot peg and no rubber flex at all.

Price isn't a concern with these three.

Is either company preferred over the others?

I like the fact that the Gilles use the factory rear brake light switch, and then the Satos include the brake light switch. Now that I am 6'4" tall and love my Tobin seat I also like the Vortex because they have a "stock" location. Where the Satos are closest to stock at 5mm up and 10mm back, and the Gilles are 10mm up and 10mm back. The Vortex have no adjustment to where the shifter or brake lever ends are, as where the Satos have three adjustment positions, the Gilles have a slotted section and seems to let you tighten them down where you need them.

Are either one going to be smoother then the other.

Thanks in advance guys.:thumbsup:

Point me in the right direction please....???

Vortex with folding arms now.
Vortex2.jpg

Satos
08hayabusarsbkl.jpg

08hayabusarsbkr.jpg

Gilles, these are taken from Dukes post about his...
IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I forgot to mention,

The Vortex have a newer style design that has rubber on the folding toe pegs.

Is this better or worse? Better yes if you drop it, Lol...

Would you use the older or newer versions of the Vortex???

I have been using Satos for my last 4 bikes (2 x ZX10, 2 x Busa (08/09) ) and love them, solid good adjustments and look good I rekon - really comes down to what you like the look of as well :)

I like the Sato's but my distributor was out of them so I ordered the Vortex's Ill post them tomorrow. pashnit has a good breakdown of them:thumbsup:

well I just got back from work this morning in the rain so the bike is disgustingly dirty so no bagging needed - new pads on this arvo and a clean is the job today :)

:moon:

Will take some shots after cleaning

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

With the Gilles, not sure if it will be the same on your bike. I have the Gilles on my GenI and I could not use the lowest forward position. The brake switch loop was basically hitting the frame.

this is as close as I could get.

gilles10.jpg

Last edited:
If you would like a used set of Black Vortex (without Rubber) please make me an (counter?) offer.

I believe they have about 1,800 miles on them and I think they look new.

They were on / are on Don Smith's bike when I bought it used last June. If you want / need pic's let me know.

I'd like to have $275 for them shipped tyd in Cont US. (They are not advertised for sale other than this post. Am considering advertising them in for sale)

Tell me about the 'folding arm' option and the new rubber on the Vortex please Tim...got any pics of those?

Tell me about the 'folding arm' option and the new rubber on the Vortex please Tim...got any pics of those?

If you go to Vortex website, and search for 2008 it links you to the ones I have in my first picture, the guard design is slightly different and they seem to have some more rounded edges on them also,

Both toe pegs have rubber on them it seems and they are folding.

Vortex Racing Components - Sprockets, Handlebars, Rear Sets...

If you would like a used set of Black Vortex (without Rubber) please make me an (counter?) offer.

I believe they have about 1,800 miles on them and I think they look new.

They were on / are on Don Smith's bike when I bought it used last June. If you want / need pic's let me know.

I'd like to have $275 for them shipped tyd in Cont US. (They are not advertised for sale other than this post. Am considering advertising them in for sale)

PM Sent

vortex is by far the most popular. I've used vortex for years and everything they make is first class. One advantage to vortex is you can buy individual parts in case you crash. You can usually find a buddy with spare parts to get you going in case of a get off.

The Vortex units def are nice...but the build quality and look of the Gilles is so hard to beat imo. I just love their products! Obviously their pricing reflects such.

Going w/ either...you're not making a bad decision. I'll pass on the Satos.

out of the three mentioned I like the knurling best on the Gilles but I like the additional adjustability of the Sato. There are also lots of other brands as well out on the market. My key judgement points would be adjustability, fot peg knurling, design, and last the brake light intigration. I mention the light last because there are more than a few ways to still get the brake light to turn on if there are times that you're only using the rear brake.

Just got off the phone with the guys at Vortex, the older "solid" toe pegs are an old design and are no longer made,

The newer style will soon be seen on the other GSXR models, and the other sport bikes soon also. He said also they are changes to the foot peg as some tracks are requiring a delrin type end on the foot peg and not an "all metal" foot peg. So some of the foot pegs have inserts in them.

Back