Quick shifter with ecu feedback

Pbadasay

Registered
I've been trying to get some feedback on using a quick shifter with my ecu. I want to stick to using it with my ecu and not having to buy a pcv or any modules. I've read that it can be done. I'm not looking to take the bike to a drag strip so im not interested in an air shifter, it's primarily going to be used for street riding, maybe a track day here and there. Im only interested in quickshifting when upshifting. I'm trying to cover all questions that may be needed to be answered before a good response can be given so if I'm missing something then let me know.

The questions I have are:
- can the quick shifter be used for daily riding at normal rpms (3-6k) or can it only be used at high rpms?
- any disadvantages or damage done to bike at all by switching to this system?
- can you set the kill times for different rpm ranges? For instance, lower kill time for lower rpms since I'm not riding WOT at those rpms and quicker kill times for higher rpms where ill obviously be looking to pick up speed and shifting quicker thru gears.
- which brands are best or what feedback have other members heard

I appreciate any feedback or advice. I'm fairly new to this quick shifter setup so I apologize in advance if I'm not speaking the correct lingo lol

My friends r1 has quick shift flashed in to the ecu but it still requires an activator switch like the dyno jet quick shifter but not the power commander and modulator

Thanks mracer, I knew it was possible, appreciate the confirmation :thumbsup:

Got-busa, that link answered all my questions...I sent an email to Matt....after checking the link out, I looked into the product itself and it seems like contacting Matt will answer all the questions I have! Once again, thanks for the help from fellow members! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

.....that link answered all my questions...I sent an email to Matt...
Used w/ECU editor (kills spark and fuel) you will love it. Several thousand miles of satisfaction here. I like it much better than the Dyno jet quickshifter /PCV combo (kills fuel only) I have on another bike, I'm still trying to get the timing dialed in perfect on that one.

Got an email back from Matt, he answered ALL of my questions! He's definitely an informative and great person!

:thumbsup: two thumbs up for his help and guidance.

I went from not knowing anything about a shift set-up to being knowledgable enough to make a decision! I'm going with the quick shifter by flashing the ECU! Called schnitz racing and he told me to come in on the next good riding day and he will install and tune it appropriately!

One random question, just for feedback for those who have it.....do you use it ALL the time or do you use after reaching a certain rpm or when do you use it?

I'm excited about getting it installed! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

First off the only time I use the clutch is going and stopping, but when I had a quick shifter I loved it at all rpm

That's great! He did mention that he only suggests using the quick shifter over 6k rpm....I'm guessing that it may shift hard or slowly damage the clutch forks or something if I were to keep quickshifting under 6k rpm...i doubt I planned on using it while just cruising around but I figured I'd mention it for anyone else who may be interested.

i have an HDM quickshifter i use above 6k also, its smoother the higher you rev.

kill time set to 70 msec

for most times i mostlu upless shift anywaym but use the quickshifter when i'm in race mode:laugh:

Hi,

How do I connect a QS switch to the ECU/Bike?
The link is dead.

It’s a Dano’s Performance QS Switch only.
Two wires.
Gen 1 Busa 2007.

Like TS, I don’t intend to use it with a PC etc.

Greg Smith used to sell them. For a Gen I I believe you can't just wire it in you need to have a resistor in the connector. Contact Dano's or Greg

Greg Smith used to sell them. For a Gen I I believe you can't just wire it in you need to have a resistor in the connector. Contact Dano's or Greg
Smithabusa mentioned to look at the ECueditor platform for the Install Instructions.

But clicking it leads to nowhere.
Im at a loss now.

256D347F-98B2-45A1-B0F0-0CE794F1C024.jpeg

Back