After 10k Miles, Still Struggling With Low Speed Maneuvers; Please Help!

Read my post, that’s exactly what I said. Obviously you lift with your legs, but a back helps too. My whole point was you don’t have to be a weight lifter to ride, or even pick up a bike just like your video and mine showed.

Read my post, that’s exactly what I said. Obviously you lift with your legs, but a back helps too. My whole point was you don’t have to be a weight lifter to ride, or even pick up a bike just like your video and mine showed.

You previously said " it’s ALL in the back" and "Well your chest picks up a bench press, your back picks up a bike..."

Clarification is always the goal, now we know that we agree to lift with the legs. Replace "back" in both of those quotes with "legs" and I would completely agree.

If clarification is the goal then here it is. The original post of mine was to say it doesn't matter what you bench, or squat to pick up a bike. I honestly thought the video I posted of a tiny woman picking up a Harley with technique and leverage said it all. If I wanted to debate lifting in any way shape or form then I would be on a lifting forum. This was about simple science to pick up something heavy.
You previously said " it’s ALL in the back" and "Well your chest picks up a bench press, your back picks up a bike..."

Clarification is always the goal, now we know that we agree to lift with the legs. Replace "back" in both of those quotes with "legs" and I would completely agree.

thank you.... and if the OP is looking for GREAT tri/chest workout.. here is one of the best.... his triceps workouts are second to none...

I don't understand this. He's doing partial reps all the time. I always do full reps on everything but squats. Are partial reps good to do?

You need to do a full rep if you lift the bike off the ground!;)

Well I did not read the whole thread do some research on "motorcycle friction zone" if you want to ride under control at slow speeds. There are courses that teach it. Sorry if someone already posted this.
Also "target fixation"
and learn to relax if your gripping the handlebars tight and shoulders tense in a panic moment, you will not be able to control the bike, this added to target fixation and you're toast

Hi everyone, I'm a relatively new Busa owner. Purchased a used bike earlier this year and have put close to 10k miles on it.

At this point, I am fairly comfortable with commuting/touring on my Busa. However, when using the bike in a parking lot or at very slow speeds (< 10 mph), I am constantly nervous. I feel the weight of the bike and sense that it "wants" to tip over. Also, I am not happy with my slow speed turn radius and feel that, compared to other sportbikes, it is too large. Often, I have to stop, duck-walk backwards, and re-attempt in order to complete a tight 180 degree slow speed turn, which bothers me a lot!

I have tried to remedy this problem by months of regular nighttime parking lot practice.: trying A/B/C modes, feathering the clutch, NOT feathering the clutch, riding the back break, etc. Although I have somewhat improved, I am nowhere near where I want be.

Yesterday I sat on a new R1, and man, it felt so good. Bike was so light and nimble. I am sensing that, despite its many many great pluses, the weight of the Busa is getting to me.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
Lol.....my son just brought an R1 and it feels like a 250cc in weight. I still get a little low speed jitters especially around round abouts with a full tank of gas. Try not filling your busa more than half tank if you staying in urban areas. It makes a big difference.

I had the same problem with my busa and then someone told me that as long as you keep the power to the rear wheel, you wont drop it.

Back