2002 with 26k miles...too much??

R1_Busa

Registered
Looking at buying a 2002 busa but found out it has 26k miles. I am deployed to Afghan now so I am only getting pictures from this dude...the bike looks great. payoff on the bike is 5500. is this too many miles on the bike to buy? thanks for the help.

Tony

It's not too many miles, but you might want a member to go by and look at it.

I had an '06 that I put 36K on in 18 months, never put a wrench on it. My '08 has 22K on it and never a wrench, well one recall :laugh:

I wouldn't be afraid of the miles, but I've seen them here for the same money newer with less miles. Just my thoughts. If it were me I'd keep looking. At a local dealership here they have an '04 with like 4k miles for $6k.

Posted using my HTC EVO with tapatalk.

i agree miles dont scare me, but i have seen newer ones with less miles for the same price, but what has been done to the bike if anything?

Thanks for the replies. I have been looking daily. you find 2000-2005's with high mileage for like 9-10G's...even the ones with low miles are high too. a lot of my friends ride busas too...they say go for it..im just trying to get a lot of opinions. plus the dealerships in my area will rip you off anyway.

i agree miles dont scare me, but i have seen newer ones with less miles for the same price, but what has been done to the bike if anything?

its got dual yoshi RS3 pipes. l.e.d.s underneath, double bubble windscreen and had it painted all black. it was the stock silver color before but he dropped it when he bought it..got a new fairing for it so he just had the whole bike painted..so overall just stock.

As already suggested, keep looking since there is a "better" bike out there for about the same price.

Have you checked the CLASSIFIEDS here, this 05 looks nice:
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa low miles - Dallas, TX - Hayabusa Classifieds

busa_right.JPG

I'm the kind of guy who passes on a painted bike no matter what the story is.

why's that?? even if the paint looks good?

Just something about it with me. Kind of like never buying a car for sale in front of a body shop, know what I mean? And custom painted show bikes are cool, but only if you built it, not if you bought it. Just my opinion. Building/painting them are the whole fun part.

right on man, hit me up when your in the area get some riding in :beerchug:

no doubt...i ride an 01 R1 now...got a lil tired of it...but still a good bike...been looking for my busa for a minute now..hopefully all goes well...go ride down to cocoa...

Just something about it with me. Kind of like never buying a car for sale in front of a body shop, know what I mean? And custom painted show bikes are cool, but only if you built it, not if you bought it. Just my opinion. Building/painting them are the whole fun part.

true...i see where you are coming from..good point

looking at this stock 03 with 8k for 6G's now that i got from HADIES...

right on i just took a ride thru new smyrna the other weekend, as for the Busa i agree with gsxrbot building them is half the fun, i really wouldent want someone elses project becuase it wouldent reflect who i am, and if it was painted stock colors there was probably a reason for it.

right on i just took a ride thru new smyrna the other weekend, as for the Busa i agree with gsxrbot building them is half the fun, i really wouldent want someone elses project becuase it wouldent reflect who i am, and if it was painted stock colors there was probably a reason for it.

nice...must have had good weather then. yeah he did have a point...so many different ways to build "your" bike...so i emailed the one that you sent me...hopefully he responds back later, since its 9 am the 23rd here in afghan..

Back