Introduction and Question

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
got that Busa yet
laugh.gif

Thanks again for the information and welcome.

TwoToneVert:  You didn't happen to buy your Busa from Green Country Honda did you?  The reason I ask is because I think I saw a used one on their website and now it is gone.

During lunch today I went and actually sat on one (Green Country Honda).  It did feel a bit heavier but the wheelbase on my VStrom is bigger so the Busa didn't feel totally foreign to me.  One thing I did not like was the low handle bars.  When I do purchase one, I'll most likely modify it to give a more upright sitting position. I'll want to do some long distance touring.  I'm reading up on that subject now.

Steve

One comment about the VStrom 650 and the superslab is that once you get into the 100 mph range, the bike just doesn't feel right to me. I know I'm very inexperienced and all of that, but that sixth sense tells me something isn't right. It just doesn't feel comfortably stable. I realize the sag may not be set correctly and there probably are better springs and what not, but still the VStrom wasn't made for those speeds.

I don't normally cruise at those speeds, but when I pass tractor trailers, I want to get around them yesterday. I'm sure you all know a chunk of retread could kill a motorcyclist very easily, and having a bike like a Busa that can safely pass at those speeds is good in my book. I know there are other bikes that can run 100 mph without a problem, but they aren't a Busa nor part of the mystique. So why own one
biggrin.gif

This is part of the reason I would like to own a Busa.

It's nearly 4 am and I have to work tomorrow. These forums are addictive.

Steve

Welcome Steve. I commend you for your common sense approach to getting a Busa. Too many simply leap into one and become a statistic. I also remember the research info before I bought and one that stuck out to me was the low speed haandling issue.

I guess that is up to individual intrepretation. I was so paranoid at first that I was afraid of anything slow. But you know what, she goes as slow as I can ever think to go and if you don't ask for anything radical she does everything slow I ask of her.

I rode for over 20 years off and on before buying the Busa. It is a completely different category of motorcycle. As they said, respect her and learn her personality and you will never regreet the choice.

I raised my bars and lowered my seat and pegs and I can go for hours on her now. It took me a few months to make the bike fit me but once it did, she is sheer pleasure. And at spped she is happier than you have ever ridden. The faster she goes, the more stable she feels. That also took some getting used to. You scare yourself by how easily you are going way too fast. You never feel or sense it.

Thanks again for all the replies.

I'm working in Canada for the next couple of weeks (or have been, depending on how you look at it), and may or may not have net access to this site. I really want a busa bad, and you all know the feeling.

My nick says it all, and for any of you nerds out there, can you guess what it means?

Thanks again,

Steve

Back