Low Speed RPM Question...

ej2006busa

Registered
Hello all, I was finally able to get my first busa this morning. As I mentioned this is my first busa I had an R1 before this. And my question is what is a safe (non-lugging) RPM to cruise at when at slow speeds. Down here in the Fla. Keys the speed limit it 45 almost everywhere. I was told with my R1 that its bad for the motor to keep it at lower RPMs (below 6k). So what's the story with the Busa? Is 3k bad for it. Just curious what you guys cruise at when going slow. Thanks for any advice!

Man I cruise down the beach on sixth at 35 mph not sure what rpm but I know Its low so I can keep the sound down......you'll be alright
Posted via Mobile Device

:welcome: to the .org!

I'm not sure about your manual, but the Gen II (2008+) owners manual has a shifting schedule. Maybe there's something else for Gen I?

Obviously you'll be shifting at much higher speeds if you're riding hard, but these numbers are fine for cruising. As much torque as this thing has, low RPM work isn't a huge deal.

Shifting Up Schedule

1st -> 2nd @ 12 MPH
2nd -> 3rd @ 19 MPH
3rd -> 4th @ 25 MPH
4th -> 5th @ 31 MPH
5th -> 6th @ 37 MPH

Shifting Down Schedule

6th -> 5th @ 31 MPH
5th -> 4th @ 25 MPH
4th -> 3rd @ 19 MPH

Disengage the clutch when the motorcycle speed drops below 14 MPH.

At the lower RPM's it is not really the RPM that matters, but rather the load on the motor. You can hear and feel when the motor lugs.

Back