Love this Busa

dennisr

Registered
I picked up a new 2008 on 26 January. It has now got 3100kms (1900miles) on the odo. I changed from a 2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 to the Busa while I was considering changing to a Triumph Sprint. Once I rode the Busa the decision was made - such a better bike in so many ways.

I am very pleased with the Busa. Interesting to look back on first impressions though, these were mine as posted to my blog the evening I bought it:
"Took the bird for a run over Paikak and back. It is surprisingly nimble and so predictable in corners. This was a slow ride through the corners and on the straights. The ride was almost legal except for some slight movement of the wrist on a few little straights. This bird moves so quickly - it is surprising how quickly speed builds up.

First impressions:
* Very smooth power
* Handling excellent and smooths out bumps - so comfortable
* Only need gears 1 - 3 but will pull 6th at any speed.
* Wind protection is exceptional - the wind on body doesn't increase noticeably with increased speed
* Brakes don't bite quickly and gives impression brakes are not that good - wrong impression
* Steering is great - on my first ride I thought it was heavy, now I have adjusted.
* Nice view from pilot seat
* Smooth gear box, clutch great - don't need it
* Slipper clutch system works well supporting smooth downshifts.
* Exhausts get very hot and there is a lot of them
* Very pleased with purchase.

Photo is at the Wellington New Zealand harbour entrance.

IMG_1226 7x5 busa dmr large.jpg

Man you guys have some beautiful scenery when you ride to look at. Oh yea, :welcome:aboard.

Ah, yet another member with a Busa of the fastest color.... Congrats and :welcome:

How long is the riding season there ?
All year round except if it is really wet and cold the cage is the answer. Most weeks even in winter there are goods days to take the bike and some people commute to work all year round. Of course spring and summer is best.
We have some amazing roads for motorcycling - lots of corners and little traffic :thumbsup:

This is a local favorite mountain road:
http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&s...18887&sspn=0.364205,0.617981&ie=UTF8&t=p&z=12

Last edited:
Welcome! That's a great lookin' bike, but I may be a little biased. :laugh:

Back