First ride impressions....

Learn throttle control. Moreso with this bike than any other you have known just about any speed you are at can get you into trouble if you apply to much throttle.

When I was still learning mine, I downshifted at 100 MPH and nailed her to find my rear wheel breaking traction. H E O L L Y S H IZNIT this bike will teach you!!!!!

Just wait til she's broken in and you can actually feel the power :laugh:

if you havent rolled her past 6k on the tach yet, you havent really experienced the power, which is smooth all the way up but turns into ludicrious speed quickly :thumbsup:

Make sure you look for the ECR rides, Postal usually posts them up. Lots of guys in your area that are very active riders, not to mention great folks and fantastic riders :beerchug: They will take you and show you where she will amaze and surprise you even more :cheerleader:

Yup! ECHR ride schedule will be posted up in January.

P.

:beerchug:

Give it time. I have been to northern va many times on the 02 1k and it gets dicey with the traffic up there. Becareful and give it time to learn the bike!

First welcome to the Org. and congratulations on your Busa. Now I don't want to beat a dead horse :deadhorse: or seem like I'm part of the thread police but we love pictures and require newbies to post up pics of their machines. So please obey the :rulez: and show off your new ride..........

First welcome to the Org. and congratulations on your Busa. Now I don't want to beat a dead horse :deadhorse: or seem like I'm part of the thread police but we love pictures and require newbies to post up pics of their machines. So please obey the :rulez: and show off your new ride..........
D@mn, I haven't owned this bike for a week and already I'm being harassed by the police! :lol:

So here she is, 2007, completely stock, under 2K miles.

I still need a name for her. Something strong, like Boudicca - that even sounds like Busa, and she didn't take 5h1t even from Rome. Open to other ideas.

- Cheers, AJ

P1010434 [800x600].JPG

P1010437 [800x600].JPG

P1010444 [800x600].JPG

P1010451 [800x600].JPG

P1010441 [800x600].JPG

D@mn, I haven't owned this bike for a week and already I'm being harassed by the police! :lol:

So here she is, 2007, completely stock, under 2K miles.

I still need a name for her. Something strong, like Boudicca - that even sounds like Busa, and she didn't take 5h1t even from Rome. Open to other ideas.

- Cheers, AJ

Very nice color on that bike. Nice look! :thumbsup:

Oh, dang. That's a PERFECT name for a Busa! Go for it, man. That's an awesome story, peoples, if you've never read it. Actually, I think there was a movie or a History Channel special about her. Outstanding story along the lines of Braveheart.

Rockin, man!

--Wag--

Yeah I go through that thought process every spring when I pull her out of winter storage. Congrats and nice bike. :beerchug:

My first impression was HOLY SH**. No one needs this kind of power (yeah right). Welcome aboard:thumbsup:

Nice bike! Beleive it or not, I picked up the exact same thing this summer (May). Think I got a good deal, but that's a different story.

First impresssions:

1. Holy S***, did I just buy a Busa?
2. I've lost my mind.
40 miles later,
3. This thing is smooth, 65 feels like nothing
4. I may need to shift out of first
5. No, wait, I'm not at half throttle yet.

Incredibly (can't spell) developed bike. If you have the throttle control, this thing is perfect. More upright than my old Gixxer, more comfortable, more stable, infinitely more powerfull.

Driving it home I thought it would be hell on wheels, but it's exactly what I was looking for.

Hope you have fun, stay safe!

Nice bike! Beleive it or not, I picked up the exact same thing this summer (May). Think I got a good deal, but that's a different story.

First impresssions:

1. Holy S***, did I just buy a Busa?
2. I've lost my mind.
40 miles later,
3. This thing is smooth, 65 feels like nothing
4. I may need to shift out of first
5. No, wait, I'm not at half throttle yet.

Incredibly (can't spell) developed bike. If you have the throttle control, this thing is perfect. More upright than my old Gixxer, more comfortable, more stable, infinitely more powerfull.

Driving it home I thought it would be hell on wheels, but it's exactly what I was looking for.

Hope you have fun, stay safe!

You've echoed many of my thoughts exactly. I still can't believe how under control the bike is in spite of it's tremendous power.

PS: I've still only used 6th gear for the sheer sake of being able to ensure that it's actually there. Haven't needed it yet. :)

Suzuki Hayabusa: Shamelessly Understressed. :laugh:

Nice scoot; & :welcome: to the family.

:beerchug:

I've had my 06 since May and it still amazes me every time I ride it. Granted, I've only put 500 miles on it, since. It just turned 2000 miles this past weekend. Since July, I've only had the chance to ride about 1 time per month (most of the time it's longer).

Due to the traffic and the stringent laws that were recently introduced here, that apply to motorcycles, I can't jump all over it. I rarely get the tach past 6K. I like the riding position and how smooth it runs down low. This truly is the bike that can commute and play hard.

Much, much, much better that the 900RR I had before it.

Back