First ride impressions....

AJAY

Registered
Took the scoot out for a 40 mile jaunt, in 30*F weather (yep, a bit nippy today). Here are my first impressions (since this was my first real ride on this girl):

* you can't wind this bike out... in any gear... legally. period.

* boy does she get to 90 fast on the highway, even when you're in top gear.

* unlike other bikes, i don't think i'll need to snick her down a gear or two on the highway, ever.

* 1st gear is taller than i'm used to. not a problem, but not much fun in heavy holiday traffic crushed by cagers.

* wind protection is quite good at speed, much better than my Katana was. helmet is quiet at 70 on the highway.

* while the Kat was busy, the Busa is just loafing, like a racehorse in a canter.

* i want handlebar risers and Buell footpegs. soon.

* unbelievably well composed at speed. 80 feels like nothing.

* i wish i had someplace to go a lot faster for a long period of time.

* this bike is probably gonna cost me my license. holy sH1t.

* i now glimpse the zen of hayabusa ownership and am ready to learn more from the masters.

There you have it, friends, my first impressions of ride number 14. If you're a new Busa rider, feel free to add your own first impressions to these. And if you're an experienced owner, maybe you can reach back into memory and tell us what you learned on your first Busa ride.

- Cheers, AJ

Last edited:
Welcome! Those comments are just as valid at 16k as they were in the first 1000 miles:beerchug: What a bike:bowdown:

* you can't wind this bike out... in any gear... legally. period.

Yeah 80 in first is a biotch

* boy does she get to 90 fast on the highway, even when you're in top gear.

That's why the 6 & 1s won't ride with ya. Sixth gear run downs and fly bys kill their pride

* i don't think i'll need to snick her down a gear or two on the highway ever again.

* 1st gear is taller than i'm used to. not a problem, but not much fun in heavy holiday traffic crushed by cagers.

You can change the rear sprocket, but especially this time of year the arse just kicks out on this torque monster

* wind protection is quite good at speed, much better than my Katana was. helmet is quiet at 70 on the highway.

* while the Kat was busy, the Busa is just loafing, like a racehorse in a canter.

It is badazz

* i want handlebar risers and Buell footpegs. soon.

* unbelievably well composed at speed. 80 feels like nothing.

* i wish i had someplace to go a lot faster for a long period of time.

Maxton NC

* this bike is probably gonna cost me my license. holy sH1t.

Just make sure that's all my brother. She is a sneaky witch

* i now glimpse the zen of hayabusa ownership and am ready to learn more from the masters.

- Cheers, AJ

:thumbsup:

Befor I even bought my 08 busa I did some research and narrowed my choices down to the gsxr 1000 and the Busa. Im glad I chose the busa. Iknew this thing had POWER but,MAN I was not ready for it. The day I brought it home I almost lost it. :whistle:
Hadnt really been on a cycle in over 10 years. My previous bike was an 85 kawi gpz 750.
Then I buy the busa (twice the bike I had b4) and WOW!!!!! I take off from a traffic light and get int it a little bit waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh 2nd gear waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh 3rd gear , I look at the speedo and im doin 80 mph in 3rd gear and I barely cracked the throttle. Mean while my wife and kids were behind me following me home ,the wife is about to have a heart attack (cuz she aint to crazy about me getting a cycle) and the kids a yelling " GO Dad Go" :thumbsup:. My wife yells out to the kids " dont encourage him". When we got home I took of my helmet and the wife asks " well are you happy?"
I said do you see the smile on my face, wasnt anything gonna pry that smile off my face and to this day everytime I take off my helmet that smile is still there:thumbsup::thumbsup::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Hell yeah!!!!!

Handle bar risers are awesome and the Buell footpegs are comfy! Riding the Busa is like sex on wheels, isn't it?

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

And now you know why we love them.

When I first got mine I was almost scared of it, I had never ridden one before and had only heard the stories, I babied it big time for the first couple rides then a buddy on a night train wanted to see what she would do, He took off then me, When I went around him like he was standing still I had the biggest sh*t eatin grin on my face and I dont think it will ever go away. :laugh:

BUSA'S RULE :bowdown:

:welcome: to the addiction! As it has been said earlier, it's the same no matter how many miles you put on it. You always get off it at the end of the ride and have to stand back, look at it in awe, and just smile :beerchug:

Oh and I came off a Kat onto the busa as well, still haven't fully gotten the smile off my face yet!

Last edited:
There are places to go fast, after, you get some experience on it. It really gets interesting then...:thumbsup:

DSCN0443Medium.jpg

1) Amazingly civilized given the amount of power in the bank. Kind of like Superman gettin' into a bar fight and holdin' back to be sure not to hurt anybody.

2) Smooth power delivery.

3) On the street at legal speeds, this bike doesn't even need 3rd-6th. Amazing.

4) A pinky full of throttle on a Hayabusa is equal to a fist full on other bikes.

5) At any speed and in any gear, a launch is never more than a 1/4 twist away.

6) It's a good thing there's a speedometer on this thing (even one that need a healer) b/c 90 feels like 45 due to the great suspension/handling.

7) This orange/black may be even faster than I've heard. :laugh:

Ride safe and enjoy the ride!

Just wait til she's broken in and you can actually feel the power :laugh:

if you havent rolled her past 6k on the tach yet, you havent really experienced the power, which is smooth all the way up but turns into ludicrious speed quickly :thumbsup:

Make sure you look for the ECR rides, Postal usually posts them up. Lots of guys in your area that are very active riders, not to mention great folks and fantastic riders :beerchug: They will take you and show you where she will amaze and surprise you even more :cheerleader:

It's a fantasy land come to life, isn't it?! :D

--Wag--

Back