Admin assistance required...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you, BigDiesel, RacerV and BlondeOnBusa for example, have come forward in wanting to establish a "Get Home Fund" for Jimmy from Knoxville to Tampa.  I just called Jimmy at the hospital to ask what his plans were and he sounded the worst I've heard since the accident.  Post surgery, blood transfusions, fever and weaning yourself off morphine will do that.

He is not sure at this point if physical therapy will take place in Knoxville or here at home.  So he's not sure when or what condition he will be in getting home.  Only time and his condition will tell.  

It's possible he may need an air ambulance which costs close to $10,000.00!!!  Biggest problem is insurance will not cover this transportaion or any other for that matter.  Riding in an automobile or van for 11 hours could be excruciatingly painful...lots of bouncing around.  Not to mention how safely will he be able to travel if he's forced to lay down.  Only time will tell what his options will be.  Regardless any monetary assistance we could provide would be greatly helpful to him and his family.  I'm sure he misses his 7 mo. year old daughter greatly.

I don't want people to think I'm neglecting Naomi, but thankfully she is walking the halls and may already be discharged as I type this.  If anyone has a different update...?

I have never established a fund-raiser but I am asking the assistance of some of the admin and others here to do so and make it a STICKY for those of us who wish to help.  Is a Pay-Pal account in his name or his wife's name the best option, I really have no idea.

Thank you for your help.

I think a pay pal account in his wife's name would be best, She is probably the the one calling all the shots any way. I'd more than happy to donate some money for this fund.

I think this would be a great idea.
iamwithstupid.gif

Could an admin please make this a STICKY until we get the Pay-Pal thread posted and someone PM me on how to set up a Pay-Pal account for her or tell me what she needs to do and what info needs to be provided here (links, account #, etc.).

Kevin,

Maybe Doug needs to get involved in this to set up an account. I have no idea how to do it so can you discuss with him?

lurk.gif
great idea. would he actually get a bill for 10K.

I would hope the rescue worker that worked the accident could help with setting the process to move him up.

For $10,000, I'd take some pain for 10 hours. Hell, some women are in Labor for 10 hours or more.
That's like making $1000/hr. Would they be taking the freeway or a horse and buggy trail?
I would suggest one last hoorah with the Morphine for that trip.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Easiest way for this to happen is to have Jimmy's wife set up a PayPal acct if she hasn't already done so...many here use PayPal and can get funds to her that way...

Easiest way for this to happen is to have Jimmy's wife set up a PayPal acct if she hasn't already done so...many here use PayPal and can get funds to her that way...
Right on!

Setting one up is easy to do.

From there, post up the address.

Back