UPDATE: Busa Bash crash victims...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Just spoke w/ Jimmy's wife.  His 5-hour surgery just ended and he is in recovery.  Biggest need right now is getting him blood.  He lost quite a bit in surgery and his wife is trying to get them to use hers instead of a blood blank donor.  

As in most hospitals, IMO, she isn't getting a lot of assistance from medical personnel...most of us have been there ourselves.  Hard finding someone who honestly gives a cr@p sometimes.  She called down to the blood bank herself to put the wheels in motion...the doctor has to sign off on it before they will provide any blood.  So now trying to track the Doc down.

She also said Naomi had her chest tubes removed and is now able to walk down the halls and could be discharged as soon as tomorrow.  Initially I think most of us, including myself, thought she took the worst of it based on her condition at the accident scene, but in the long run I believe Jimmy got the worst of it.  Yet to be seen what long-term impact this will have on his physical mobility.

Looks like Naomi is going to recover just fine, God Bless, but I'm concerned about Jimmy's possible limitations long term.  I'll keep everyone posted on further updates.

Thanks for the update
bowdown.gif
Prayers sent again.
thumb_up.gif

Thanks for the update..... I am still sick about this, if I can give blood for exchange get me the info and I will hit the R.Cross in the AM...

Thanks for the update.....  I am still sick about this, if I can give blood for exchange get me the info and I will hit the R.Cross in the AM...
+1

Them vampires love me...I am Type O neg. and as pure as the day i was born. They use my blood for neonatal care.

If we can do an exchange let me know. I will give my blood for a member.
thumb_up.gif

I under-estimated the severity of Diesel's injuries....Can't believe it's this bad....

Best Wishes to all.

DD

if i can give blood here and that could help them, let me know and i'll go tommorrow
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the update. I will pray that the docs did their best job ever on Jimmy and he recovers to near perfect condition.

I wish I was able to give blood. My occupation/employer will not allow it.
guns.gif

But, if there is any other way I can help, just let me know.

I told Christina, "Chris", his wife, that if blood is needed badly enough to the point where it's a real problem we would have plenty here to supply. I sincerely hope it will not be an issue but nonetheless.

I know as a loving spouse how I would be if my wife was in that condition...I'd be driving the hospital staff up the walls making suring everything possible was being done at the highest level..."SECURITY!"

Thanks for the update, I will give blood as well if they will let me, my tattoo is less than 2 years old, not sure if that is still a rule.

I talked to her a little bit ago, she said that it's not that there is a lack of blood to give, but that she just wanted to give hers.

While you guys are praying for people, keep her in mind, she sounds like she is drained emotionally.

Kev

thanks for the update. My thoughts are with them both. If need be so is my blood.

I talked to her a little bit ago, she said that it's not that there is a lack of blood to give, but that she just wanted to give hers.

While you guys are praying for people, keep her in mind, she sounds like she is drained emotionally.

Kev
I believe that is understood, but it is alot more expensive if she just gets it from a bank versus having it donated in his name.

About a year ago one of my uncles was going to have surgery and as a precaution i gave blood for him in case he needed it. She may want to ask "healthy" realtives that are local to help out also that way it will be at site.

glad to hear Naomi is recovering well, my prayers go out to her n Jimmy n both their families...I cant imagine what kind of stress they are going thru right now. please keep us posted if there is anything needed that we can help with
beerchug.gif

Back