Men and Woman DOWN...

Guardrails scare the hell out of me. I've witnessed two dead riders due to guardrails and it's not pretty.

Best wishes to a full and speedy recovery to all!
In this case it was more help than harm. If they would have gone off the road at those speeds it would have a been a long fall over the side and injuries would likely have been worse. Actually, if the guard rail had not been there Jimmy would have been just fine.

I was away for the weekend, and it made me sick to read this. Thank God the injuries weren't more serious, and I pray that everyone heals quickly.

I was away for the weekend, and it made me sick to read this.  Thank God the injuries weren't more serious, and I pray that everyone heals quickly.
Not picking on you 05' Busa, but will everyone stop stating injuries not more serious or that serious.  I understand that yes, lives and limbs could have been lost and we are all glad this did not happen, but I would call having my pelvis broken in 13 places pretty damn serious.

The pelvis joins the legs with the spine.  I think it's hard for some to imagine the pelvic bone, unlike the arm or leg, and the serious level of damage that can done here.  So imagine the right half of this bone broken in 13 places:

Pelvic_skel_05.jpg

Robert just called and confirmed what we had heard earlier about Jimmy. Long hours in surgery and needing blood. I wish I could help out with this, but I just gave on April 3 and since I do the pheresis machine I am not eligible to give again until July 31. He said that Jimmy's hip was broken in 13 places. He also said that he thought it would be good if anyone close to Knoxville could go visit him this weekend because his family and wife may have to be away from the hospital some. I am planning to go on Sunday. He said that Jimmy's wife is looking for a way to get him transferred to a hospital near home.

He said that Naomi's lungs have regressed somewhat and she has received several breathing treatments today. He said that Wednesday would be the absolute earliest that she would get to go home, but he doesn't expect that she will get to for a few more days.

He asked that we keep praying for Jimmy and Naomi.

Keeping an eye on this and sending out my best thoughts that they will do okay and get what they need to be fine again.

--Wag--

Hey guys, I am so sorry to hear this. If there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know.
Where are you guys from in FL ? If you guys need something, food, let your dogs out, water the plants let me know and I can make the trip, I cant be that far from you considering i'm in central florida. Prayers are sent and PM me if you need anything

Hey guys, I am so sorry to hear this. If there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know.
Where are you guys from in FL ? If you guys need something, food, let your dogs out, water the plants let me know and I can make the trip, I cant be that far from you considering i'm in central florida. Prayers are sent and PM me if you need anything
On Jimmy's behalf, thanks for the offer, JR. Jimmy's residence is close to New Port Richey. I'm about 12-15 miles east of him. He's got some good family and friends around him to help out, so it likely won't be necessary. But thanks all the same.

Any word on when he is being released? I may be able to come visit next week.

Back