Aching wrists

some great advice here...something I learned a few bikes back. I had a SRAD 750 which I had lifted the rear end a couple inches for better cornering (hard on the tank slappers though).

This put more weight on my hands and wrists and my hands would eventually go numb during a long ride.

This may not be the correct fix for this, but I learned to squeeze the tank harder with my thighs taking more of the weight off my arms (yeah the thigh master thing again right?).

This really seemed to help...I still find myself doing this today. Really saves my hands and wrists for the long run.

Hey guys thanks for responses. I agree on the body posture.. my problem is i sit straight armed without realising it... bending elbows helps.... will work on that before splashing out :)

you could try the cramp buster. I bought this and been around for sometime but never really tried it yet. If you ride long distance I think it would help, but not sure how much. will let u know soon enough!

cramp.png

I just got done with a Seattle wa to Coeur d'alene id ride. My right wrist was screaming but that might be due to the fact my wrist was holding the throttle open for 4 1/2 hours.

training your self to use your abs and knees will help. I have the genmar 1 1/4 inch risres and they didn't help until I changed my posture. Also relax your sholders.

She will tell you when you are ridding correctly and if you don't listen then she will kick your butt for not listening.

I just got done with a Seattle wa to Coeur d'alene id ride. My right wrist was screaming but that might be due to the fact my wrist was holding the throttle open for 4 1/2 hours.

training your self to use your abs and knees will help. I have the genmar 1 1/4 inch risres and they didn't help until I changed my posture. Also relax your sholders.

She will tell you when you are ridding correctly and if you don't listen then she will kick your butt for not listening.

Thanks Majestic - glad you said that, i think my posture is the problem so i'll address that first before going down the modification option :)

Cheers,

Jza

Back