Heli Bar Adjust question

Goatkart

Registered
hey gang, i did an adjustment to my left handle yesterday because it was rolled back a bit further than the right...

I had been getting a little wrist pain, but ONLY in that left wrist, so i figured it was the angle, and it being a little rolled back..

i rolled it forwards, and it seems as if the riding position in better, but the pain might be MORE acute than before???

anyone have some hints on the adjustment...

the pain seems to be ON TOP of the wrist....

my right hand is perfect... which is why im kinda at a loss...

it seems like moving the heli in or out or rolling it forwards or backwards should fix this right up... i just cant connect any dots in my head...

You may be getting that from using the clutch.

entirely possible.... im just not sure what to adjust where and how to make it work better ....

on longer rides i end up having to put my left hand on my knee and let it rest...

just not sure how to make it work better...

You may be gripping the bars too tight too.
The thing will almost steer itself, so light on the bars will help for sure.
I used to be a heavy gripper and that happened to me too.
If you are holding your weight with your hands, you are doing it wrong.
You should be able to let go of both bars at anytime and not fall forward.
Upper body strength and riding position should support the body weight, not the hands and arms.

adjust your clutch(and your brake) lever to the lower position possible.....for me its the first movement I make to all of my bikes.Never had wrist pains:beerchug:

You may be gripping the bars too tight too.
The thing will almost steer itself, so light on the bars will help for sure.
I used to be a heavy gripper and that happened to me too.
If you are holding your weight with your hands, you are doing it wrong.
You should be able to let go of both bars at anytime and not fall forward.
Upper body strength and riding position should support the body weight, not the hands and arms.

Im certain i must have poor riding style at this point... Since i moved from cruisers to the sport bike, i am still riding like i THINK i should ride...

but i am deffinatly still resting a lot of my weight in my arms, as they are on the stiff side when i am done with a ride....

but hey, its helping me bulk up ROFLOL

adjust your clutch(and your brake) lever to the lower position possible.....for me its the first movement I make to all of my bikes.Never had wrist pains:beerchug:

dumb question, by lowest position possible... do you mean lowest towards you or away from you

kinda confused on where you were going with that statement...

sorry.. :)

Back