Heli bars

bdowdy

Registered
I just put Heli bars on my Busa last night. They went on easy enough, but I can't seem to get the throttle cables adjusted so that it will return to idle when the throttle is released. It's not tight, and it doesn't seem to be binding up anywhere. I lubed the cables too. I can manually turn it back to the idle position with no problem, but if I crash I'd really prefer the bike to be at idle when I hit!

Any suggestions?

New to the forum also.

:welcome:

I've got them and mine and don't have the same problem. If there's no tension on the cable I wonder if it just needs adjusted from when you took it apart to put the bars on. As Mike suggested...start with the grip.

It's not rubbing on the housing and I've tried adjusting the cables. I'm not mechanically inclined though. I'll take it to the shop as soon as I can and have them check it out.

I appreciate your suggestions.

FIXED IT! The tit that holds the housing in place was deformed, probably by me tightening on it while it wasn't seated properly. I took a dremel tool and whittled it down, and now it's working fine.

I'm from south Georgia, so I'm waiting on the rain to stop so I can try them out.

Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the org! You will love the Heli's, that 3/4" really makes a difference after 3-4 hours in the saddle. Post some pics of your bike. Raydog

FIXED IT! The tit that holds the housing in place was deformed, probably by me tightening on it while it wasn't seated properly. I took a dremel tool and whittled it down, and now it's working fine.

I'm from south Georgia, so I'm waiting on the rain to stop so I can try them out.

Thanks for the input.

Sold yourself short.
You ARE mechanically inclined. :thumbsup:

That's how we all started, one job at a time.

Soon as the weather breaks I'll get some pics. I have 3 bikes right now: a black 2009 Harley Ultra, a red 2005 Honda VFR, and a 2006 Busa that I bought 3 weeks ago. I'm going to sell the Interceptor, but I hate to because it is a real fun bike to ride. Just can't afford 3 for very long.

Back