Stomach Aches...

bump.gif

Brother, you need to find the funds, through family or friends. Somehow get to a Dr. We can't diagnose you over a computer you need to get some tests done ASAP.

Brother, you need to find the funds, through family or friends. Somehow get to a Dr. We can't diagnose you over a computer you need to get some tests done ASAP.
I know, i'm just trying to re-assure myself, i've never had any health problems to speak of, so now that i'm having some i'm scared sh!tless, i'm really terrified or health stuff (cancer is among the most feared things for me), but i'm not "paranoid" tho.

Health stuff just scares the shid out of me...i will see the doc tho, i just may be a couple more weeks...
sadnews.gif
crazy.gif

Do you eat a lot of fatty or processed foods? Cheese, lunchmeat, steak, etc?

You said salads don't make you hurt so much. That's a good thing. But it's probably your body telling you that you need to tone it down on rich foods.

If it's an ulcer, an old wive's trick (that actually works) is to eat burnt toast.

Avoid alcohol long enough for it to heal up.

Don't overeat. Eat enough to satiate your hunger. By the same token, don't let yourself get too hungry. Divide your meals between six or eight SMALL meals every day instead of just three big ones.

Those are just things I've heard here and there, except for the burnt toast thingy!
biggrin.gif

I'm not a doctor. You gotta getcher azz to a doc.

--Wag--

Get your azz into a doctor, Chest pains and pains in your stomach are not normal, sounds like ulcer, but there could be more internal issues. Your digestive system is one of the first warning signs when things are not right inside.
I've had the chest constrictions since before i had these stomach problems, (for a VERY long time).

But now that i'm older, its making me nervous...
sadnews.gif

Do you eat a lot of fatty or processed foods?  Cheese, lunchmeat, steak, etc?

You said salads don't make you hurt so much.  That's a good thing.  But it's probably your body telling you that you need to tone it down on rich foods.

If it's an ulcer, an old wive's trick (that actually works) is to eat burnt toast.  

Avoid alcohol long enough for it to heal up.  

Don't overeat.  Eat enough to satiate your hunger.  By the same token, don't let yourself get too hungry.  Divide your meals between six or eight SMALL meals every day instead of just three big ones.

Those are just things I've heard here and there, except for the burnt toast thingy!  
biggrin.gif

I'm not a doctor.  You gotta getcher azz to a doc.

--Wag--
bowdown.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
Mr Bogus @ Aug. 04 2008 said:
1494365[/ATTACH] PM]
see your Dr... sounds a bit like GIRD

what is your physical condition? overweight can make it a lot worse..

in the mean time, go to the drug store and buy some Prilosec... see if things dont feel better after about a week...
Hardly any body fat, (not athleticly in as good shape as i should be) but not bad either.

I weigh 150 for an 18 yr/old.

I've taken an Equate version of the prilosec stuff (cheaper about half price) but the same as the prilosec stuff.

Are you supposed to take the Prilosec or Equate stuff until the bottle is empty, (staying within normal dosage)?

Or just take it when needed?
rock.gif
the "typical" treatment is 90 days and medication is taken once a day..

Most start seeing relief in under a week.. Prilosec and other meds in this class simply turn off the acid pumps in your system..

Off the record.. A few precautions are in order (raw/undercooked foods should be avoided) Sushi and other raw meats should not be eaten at all.. AND as posted above "all Alcohol" is off limits..

The acid in your system has little to do with digestion and are not even needed. They (acids) do however provide a barrier against some bacteria and parasites..

If funding is an issue for treatment for meds... PM me...

if it is an ulcer, they will likely put you on antibiotics and something like prilocsec to stop the acid..(ulcers have a tough time healing after the bacteria are killed off if irritated by the acids)

I would be careful about getting too worked up over symptoms and start a log... time/type/severity of pain, foods that irritate or quell the sensations or anything else you think is relelvant so that when you can afford to see a dr, you have concrete data for him.. our memory can be faulty here and some tiny detail can tell them alot....

Let me see if I can get some specific questions that "might" help the Dr determine anything.. I can not do that till the AM.. (well not without bugging the Dr at home..) Our office deals with a ton of this stuff.. and the treatment routines get to be ...well "routine"

how is your stress levels btw?

zzwhip.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
Mr Bogus @ Aug. 04 2008 said:
1494371[/ATTACH] PM]
see your Dr...  sounds a bit like GIRD    

what is your physical condition?  overweight can make it a lot worse..

in the mean time, go to the drug store and buy some Prilosec...  see if things dont feel better after about a week...
Hardly any body fat, (not athleticly in as good shape as i should be) but not bad either.

I weigh 150 for an 18 yr/old.

I've taken an Equate version of the prilosec stuff (cheaper about half price) but the same as the prilosec stuff.

Are you supposed to take the Prilosec or Equate stuff until the bottle is empty, (staying within normal dosage)?

Or just take it when needed?
rock.gif
the "typical" treatment is 90 days and medication is taken once a day..

Most start seeing relief in under a week..  Prilosec and other meds in this class simply turn off the acid pumps in your system..

Off the record.. A few precautions are in order (raw/undercooked foods should be avoided) Sushi and other raw meats should not be eaten at all..  AND as posted above  "all Alcohol" is off limits..

The acid in your system has little to do with digestion and are not even needed.  They (acids) do however provide a barrier against some bacteria and parasites..

If funding is an issue for treatment for meds... PM me...

if it is an ulcer, they will likely put you on antibiotics and something like prilocsec to stop the acid..(ulcers have a tough time healing after the bacteria are killed off if irritated by the acids)

I would be careful about getting too worked up over symptoms and start a log... time/type/severity of pain, foods that irritate or quell the sensations or anything else you think is relelvant so that when you can afford to see a dr, you have concrete data for him.. our memory can be faulty here and some tiny detail can tell them alot....

Let me see if I can get some specific questions that "might" help the Dr determine anything..  I can not do that till the AM.. (well not without bugging the Dr at home..)   Our office deals with a ton of this stuff.. and the treatment routines get to be ...well   "routine"  

how is your stress levels btw?
I don't have "anxiety" or anything to that nature, but i am a little,...(high strung) i think is the right way to put it. (My family teases me of having a "red-neck").

I am a little "on-edge" quite a bit, nothing serious, but just a little tense most of the time. Some of it is the problem itself, i'm going into law-enforcement and don't NEED any of this shid right now, (i'm afraid of it interfering).

*Sigh*, well, i'm not going to ask any of you for funding, (nor will i let anyone send me anything)...i'll see the doc in a couple of weeks and continue on my ant-acids. I think i'll be fine until then,
winkold.gif

I do GREATLY appreciate all of the concerns, i don't really feel pinned in a corner with it anymore, i feel better having talked to you guys about it.

THANKS!
thumb_up.gif

zzwhip.gif

If funds are a problem, might want to look for a health clinic or local health department. Some doctors will work with you too if you call and explain the situation. These are different times now and a lot of people are hurting for money. Doctors down here have made payment plans available and will reduce costs sometimes if asked. Don't wait, see if you can get someone to work with you.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here is GALLSTONES...They will rock your world!!  The stones can be so painful that they bring you to your knees.  

Your symptoms seems to fit.  Go to WebMD and read about them.  I am no doctor, so again you should really see one.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2001, and I still managed to pass a "gallstone" through the bile duct of the liver.  It was awful!  The pain only gets worse, and will get so intense it will make you vomit.

Not FUN!!

I'll say this... GERD is nothing to wait around on... if you have it, get it under control! Lots of stress from work or girl or family can cause it! Food is another thing... once you have it different types of food will hurt and like cold milk helps me the most and the meds! I would ask if you are under stress? drinking? Most of all, get to a good gastro doctor and let them find your problem. OK, gross pictures so you will see the concern! Go to the doctor!

GERD...._Ugly_.jpg

Hey Bro,
I recommended you get out and start exercising in another thread, to prep for you Law Enforcement testing. Based on this thread, you should really consult a physician before you get started, particularly with the cardiovascular issue.
The stomach thing is probably minor, but the tight chest thing is something to look into and thus rule out. About five years ago, when I was still and Officer, I was an Academy Instructor. Right before I moved to the Academy, they lost a Recruit, following a run. It turned out he had a congenital defect in his heart, and simply dropped right there in formation, and died in front of his peers and under the hands of his frantic Instructors performing CPR.
I'm not suggesting you have anything like this, but it's better to be safe then sorry. Go see the Doctor, tell him what you are experiencing, and let him do a full work up on you. He can also address your IBS, Lazy Stomach, Indegestion, or whatever it may be, while you are there. Once he rules everything out, you'll feel better about working out harder, without fear of issue.
Good luck and go see a Doctor...
Respectfully,
Harry

I think Moto needs to get laid....

J/K YLT
tounge.gif
but you should see a Dr. ASAP
thumb_up.gif

hey if you live in CA, you just go to the ER and claim to be an illegal immigrant and get free care...

Brakes are optional!

go to ER... my name is Juan Pablo Garcia..

dude you need to go see the real doctor. they need to take blood test to find out what is wrong. take it seriously.
i had sort of same symptoms and i foumd out that dairy product specially milk is a no no for me and i am told to eat less red meat and more fish and chicken.

If you dont drink alot of alcohol, it sounds like an ulcer. Do you get a lot of heart burn? Maby its your diet. Appendix? Im not sure, go see your doctor.
Im 44 years old and i have things going on with me like when i wake up i ache all over, maby i need a new bed or im just getting old. It sucks to get old.

Back