Gen 2 wrist pain

Jeremy Paul

Registered
Hi everyone

Just got my 2008 gen 2 Hayabusa and love it but I would like to sort the handlebars out - I am only 5ft6 and getting a lot of wrist pain with her - don't want to spend a fortune but would like to change it to a more touring style - what's the best option on this - I will be installing heated grips at the same time

Helibars seem to be the most popular option. $150 seems too steep for a couple of machined bars but I guess they don't sell enough to reduce the price. I'll be waiting for a sale or something before I make the leap.

For me, riding more and trying to keep my weight off the bars and loosening my grip is what got rid of the pain and numbness I was having the first couple months after I bought it. The stock handle bar position is growing on me.

What TNTom said. The more you ride your body will start building core muscles that will make it more comfortable for you. I like the stock position but on longer trips, over 4-500 miles, I start thinking about raising them.

Try keeping your elbows bent. That way you won't have weight on your arms and wrists. You'll use your abdominal muscles to support your weight.

Yep, as mentioned above, change ur riding form. Ur elbows should be bent, not allowing u to keep constant pressuse on ur wrist. The right one is always worse because it is locked in certain positions. Squeeze ur thighs on the tank. A set of tank grippers do help, especially when the road loses its straightness!
With that being said, I added helibars to mine because I enjoy longer trips too.
Good luck,
Troy

Just keep your speed around 100mph, the wind supports your torso taking all the load off your wrists. :laugh:

i have found bend elbows help...i have also found getting in better shape physically myself has helped a ton.

I think I've answered this question about 50 times :)

I had the same problem could not ride for more than 20 minutes before my arms gave out. I do have helibars AND risers which help, but the truth is SEAT TIME will cause your muscles to adjust. I can ride one without mods now for a pretty long time. Any kind of slabbing is uncomfortable after awhile, but on twisty roads you move around enough that you get some relief....

The $5 wrist saver thing from cycle gear works. When you want to sit up for a little 1 finger can give you enough pressure to keep speed.

Back