A monster of a gixxer?

Rear wheel hp is differant on dyno tunes. you could take the same bike and it make 30hp differance on a dyno 10ft beside it. lots of money in the 1000gixxer. symbol meaning f____ busa, not smart made by same manfacturer.

could not touch busa with same amount of money......................

Delayed reaction has NOTHING to do with the time turned. Only that you get beat getting to the finish.

B-Rod, I'm clueless about drag racing. How does it work ? You mean the light could turn green & you could sit there for a couple seconds & it wouldn't hurt your time ? I always thought the timer started when the light turned green ?

And can't sometimes someone with a slower # win ?

The timer starts when your front wheel breaks the light (starting light). Reaction time only comes into play when you are lined up against someone and they beat you off of the line, thus reaching the finish line first.

The timer starts when your front wheel breaks the light (starting light). Reaction time only comes into play when you are lined up against someone and they beat you off of the line, thus reaching the finish line first.

Reaction time is YOU...how fast you are at light going green...untill you react to move the bike and break the stage beams. TIme starts when you roll out the stage beam light.

I have a 1k that put down 241.6 on a dry shot at Ryan's dyno. It kicks my busa's ass, thats why I'm working on a turbo build lol... I want in excess of 350hp on this next build... As for those numbers, he's gotta be stroked, with one of those DME Big Block kits or something. Those put 1k's in the 1200 cc range, but those numbers are still strong as hell for a n/a 1k. As for Ryans dyno, it seems to be the realest dyno in the nwo area. My friends and I use him only for our tuning... Oh, and I completely agree on the 1000 mile ride, my busa is my goldwing compared to my 1k lol... And that 1k of your buddies should go 8's on a ****ty track, on a ****ty day, with a ****ty rider lol....

Last edited:
The most hp that I've seen claimed on a 1k is 220 with 1200+ccs and 15:1 compression. This was from kws and cost $15k. Swamp juice mixed with gas will do it, but on straight gas I call bs.

$30k wrapped up in it. WOW
I don't know if that is smart or if that is dumb.
With that kind of horsepower, I would imagine that that thing would be hard to keep that back end under control and also I bet he goes through tires like water. Should have a time keeping that front end down too. My friends GXSR1000 is stock with a D&D full system and his rear end is always swinging side to side on him. He does it on purpose I know.

The GSXR1000 in question did NOT make 248 hoursepower..:rofl:

I don't give any horsepower numbers or results for my customers unless they say to.

However, since some of my "tuning ability" has been questioned on another thread I thought it would be important to mention those numbers are exaggerated to keep my name and business from getting a bad reputation.

I will tell you that the customer HATES the Hayabusa with a passion and will do just about anything to get a Hayabusa owner "wound up".

And, just so you know, his billet clutch cover does not say "**** hayabusa" in japanese... :rofl:

Reaction time is YOU...how fast you are at light going green...untill you react to move the bike and break the stage beams. TIme starts when you roll out the stage beam light.

Yep, what I was trying to convey...:banghead: Reaction time is the time it takes you/your vehicle's front tire(s) to break the beam after the light turns green.

I don't give any horsepower numbers or results for my customers unless they say to.

However, since some of my "tuning ability" has been questioned on another thread I thought it would be important to mention those numbers are exaggerated to keep my name and business from getting a bad reputation.

I will tell you that the customer HATES the Hayabusa with a passion and will do just about anything to get a Hayabusa owner "wound up".

And, just so you know, his billet clutch cover does not say "**** hayabusa" in japanese... :rofl:

Well I guess all speculation can be put to rest now. Thanks Ryan for clearing things up and setting the record straight.

Yea, I was about to say...
A 248hp Gixxer1k that's all N/A and dropped $30k into the bike,
I mean, come on... :whistle:

Besides, a nice turbo setup would probably be alot cheaper and more effective.

Yea, I was about to say...
A 248hp Gixxer1k that's all N/A and dropped $30k into the bike,
I mean, come on... :whistle:

Besides, a nice turbo setup would probably be alot cheaper and more effective.

Yea, a busa and $5000 stage 1 kit will get you there and still be a single battery starting system, streetable and willl get 34+ MPG for the highway trips.

:rofl::rofl:And now you know...the rest of the story..

Back