Dyoned the busa tonite

First of all GSXR1000's are a dime a dozen. The Busa is a world wide well known bike that gets respect because it is the king. Gixxers are nice but I find them more for the kids and squids to throw around.Also, power is nothing without control says Pirelli tires. I know of guys to ride a 600 and a gixxer 1000 could'nt hang and keep up.

Wait to see what Suzuki has in store for the Busa? Maybe a face lift,radial mounted calipers, and the power and torque to blow your mind. But will still be restricted to 187mph.

My 2 cents

Wait to see what Suzuki has in store for the Busa? Maybe a face lift,radial mounted calipers, and the power and torque to blow your mind. But will still be restricted to 187mph.

My 2 cents
Dude I've been waiting...........When?
poke.gif

NEAT THING ABOUT STOCK BUSA MILD ENGINE WITH ALOT OF TORQUE MY FRIENDS BUILT BUSA ENGINE MAKES NEARLY 200 HP NO FORCED INDUCTION

something to say about torque I had an 05 R1 pull up on me and he wanted to go so i figured it's time to show this little one what she could do and you now what he was with me untel about 120 then see ya it was kind of wierd because it was almost like the guy let off the throtle but when we came into town i ask him that and he said nope, so he add and ask if i had nos i said are you nuts this thing it fast enough so there you have it, but hten again he may have been a bad rider? the busa is all about torque and airo dynamic. and got to like the gear change also.

All HP numbers apart the Busa is the King!
biggrin.gif

...Having said that I would like to call the K5 as the prince of em bikes
wink.gif

if having the highest peak hp stock bike is your goal , you can always trade the busa in for a zx12

or if you need to have the highest peak hp stock suzuki you can trade the busa  in on a gixxer 1000

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114155603 -->

something to say about torque I had an 05 R1 pull up on me and he wanted to go so i figured it's time to show this little one what she could do and you now what he was with me untel about 120 then see ya it was kind of wierd because it was almost like the guy let off the throtle but when we came into town i ask him that and he said nope, so he add and ask if i had nos i said are you nuts this thing it fast enough so there you have it, but hten again he may have been a bad rider? the busa is all about torque and airo dynamic. and got to like the gear change also.
Damn dude, do you talk like that too?

People always get caught up in the HP numbers and forget about the raw torque power of the busa.
Exactly.Twenty lb-ft difference in torque makes a remarkable difference in everyday street riding.

Besides, why the original poster sees fit to compare the busa to the GSX-R1000 is beyond me anyway. It's not apples v. apples. One is an open class GT machine; the other is a wispy racer replica.

Duh.

Brock just dyno'd a stock `05 GSXR-1000 at about 151 RWHP. He then did the same mods to the Gixxer as I did to my Busa (BDE pipe/Power Commander/MR-9 fuel/etc.) and it made 175 HP, the exact same HP as my Busa but... it only made 85 ft/lbs. torque to the Busa's 104 (19 ft/lbs. of torque difference). The 1000 had to be spun to 13,000+ RPM to get those numbers. I'll stay with the torquey Busa...  
smile.gif

I look at all those hp numbers then go outside and look at my Busa and at that point hp can stand for hewlitt packard for all I care.

Next time see if you can get Mr. Liter Class Top Peak RWHP to line up front tire too front tire with ya...then don't let up till he's in the next parking lot.
laugh.gif

That's what I would do.
tounge.gif

hold on buddy,
...scrap the busa
man the design didn't change since 1999
and it does a great job at keeping up!
Wait when they do something to it!
It's going to be ugly in a good way
cool.gif

i still havent seen anyone comment on the RIDE! go for a 500 mile ride on the k5 and go for a 500 mile ride on a busa.. see which one u still have feeling in your ass afterwards...

Dont feel so bad.  My 02 busa only put down 140 hp on the dyno. I'll try and look for the dyno sheet.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114187608 -->

It prolly wouldn't have bothered me at all if the guy on the gixxer woulda shut his pie hole but when he showed me his graph I did notice his peak hp came up way after mine did, I really wish we woulda gotten the torque numbers as well. But like I said before I was letting my anger get the best of me in the original post I realize they are two different machines and afterall the gixxer is prolly considered the suzuki flagship moreso than the busa even though I think the busa outsells the gixxer meaning all the previous years busas are gone before the gixxers are.And I now for sure my busa is a helluva lot more comfortable than the gixxer..who knows maybe one day i'll see him out on the road and he will think I make more hp than that guy i'm gonna race him..Then i'll have my day
smile.gif

Jay

Back