Dyoned the busa tonite

JCinTX

Registered
Well, they had a fundraising dyno nite at a local shop here and so we took the bikes out for a spin on the dyno.My 05 put out 155.56 and my buddies 04 with yosh rs-3 slip-ons put out 157.56 and a brand spanking new 05 gixxer 1k popped out 157.48 this is a shame that you would spend all the time and focus on a liter bike to make more hp than a 1300cc engine.I think suzuki should just scrap the busa if they can't do a better job than this, maybe im outta line a little bit cuz the dude on the gixxer just would not shutup bragging about how his bike puts out more hp than the busa I finally just had to leave before I smashed his skull. Anyways I know we knew the gixxer was most likely gonna put out more hp than the busa it's just kinda stupid to me..but hey that's just my opinion.
Jay

Yeah but an exhaust and PC3 will likely yield you another 10hp or so...doubtful the Gixxer 1K would gain that much.
Furthermore you have a larger power band and more torque. Peak HP is not all that useful in the real world.

If that is your opinion. Just keep in mind the Busa is still 'The Fastest Production Motorcycle of All Time" So I really don't care about the 1k or any other bike with more hp.

The truth is that the Gixxer 1K is just a toy compared to the Busa, in more ways than one.

so... in 2003 when mine dynoed at least 4 ponies less than my rivals.... and I ran a 9.39 with nobody FUGGIN CLOSE... proof is in the pudding not the DYNO.

mad.gif

you should definatly trade up cuz we all know peak HP is the end all of performance..

i think the zx10 does a little bit more than that doesn't it? I know the zx12 does.. always has.

thats the most important thing here.. NEVER FORGET THE NUMBERS!!!!

get us some pics of the new ride.
cool.gif

I've had time to calm down now i was kinda fuming when the first post was made, the guy on the gixxer isn't someone I ride with he just happened to be there..I did however wanna ask him if he knew how to ride it as well as he knew how to talk about it but like I said I had pretty much had enough of his mouth and was ready to shut it.I know the busa is still king I was just kinda angry, I wouldn't trade my busa for ANYTHING else out there sometimes things just pizz ya off yanno?
Jay

What are the TORQUE numbers??? You ride the torque....
I dunno what the torque numers were the dyno only gave HP maybe cuz it was a fundraiser or something I dunno and I didn't ask either.Oh BTW one thing that did make me feel rood was an 03 turbo R1 which I had to get up on the dyno and hold down cuz the guy on the bike was too little to keep the tire on the roller only put out 180.14 and I know the busa with a turbo would demolish that. I will hafta find out about torque though, BTW the shop that had the dyno holds 3 land speed records on busas so at least I found a cool local shop but that's not to say I won't let the cheeseman tinker around a lil bit as well
smile.gif

Jay

why worry? the gixxer is not the first bike with smaller displacements to put up more hp numbers than the busa. the zx12r has been putting out better hp numbers since they came out in 2000. i got the bike i want and it doesn't really matter how much more hp the other guy's bike has.

You guys make me feel alot better I thank you all yanno how sometimes your emotions take over ur head? well that happened to me tonite I bought the busa cuz it was the best bike out for ME not cuz it was the king or anything else and now that I see the replies I realize how silly my first post was. I just wanna thank you all for being there when a busa brother was feeling a lil down and bringing me back to reality.
Jay

JCinTX, you cant be serious. You are all worked up over a dyno hp readout? That doesnt mean a damn thing. Torque is EVERYTHING on the hayabusa, and frankly, you should know better than to think that the 1300cc engine is all tapped out and maxed out on hp at 155.

You want a bike that has to rev twice as high to make equal hp to the busa? You want to ride a bike that has so short a stroke that you can only get about 80% of the busas torque at about 4000rpms higher in the rev range? Go ahead.

The busa was dwarfed by the zx12's hp for the last 5 years. The zx12 makes almost 10hp more than the busa stock. Add a pipe and the zx12 puts about 170 hp to the rear wheel. Does that make it better than the busa?

Truth is, you have to rev the zx12 further into its powerband to reach that hp peak, and even once you do that, - the max torque on the 12 is about 10ft.lbs lower than the bus.

HP is all that gixxer 1k can brag about, - but it will never reach the busa's top speed, EVER. Its impossible. The bike isn't built to reach that speed. And it will never generate the torque that the busa does, EVER....because its stroke is so much shorter, and so it will never out accelerate and beat the busa in a full one mile race. So dont worry, -your friend has a trackbike that could never hang with your busa on a long high speed haul. You can cruise at 150 on the busa. The gixxer is working real hard to maintain 150...and you wouldnt enjoy being on it at that speed either.

JC the new 1K is a incredible bike, Suzuki had to make something to reclaim the 1K crown, which this machine will do. Yes stock it may have more hp, but with a couple mods that all changes, and it does not have the torque to keep up off the line either. I have complete confidence that Suzuki will make changes to the busa for 06 by increasing the hp and adding some of the body changes that the 1k has this year. It makes sense for them to do this to keep there production cost down too.

People always get caught up in the HP numbers and forget about the raw torque power of the busa. I guess that's just because that's the way all the manufacturers sell they're products now days and get everyone all hyped about numbers.... unfortunately there just not the numbers that matter in the end.:D

Back