Trading K5 1000 for a Busa:

MeatGrinder

Registered
The '05 GSXR 1000 is an awesome bike. Very Fast, great handling, low weight, brakes, shifting, seating position.
BUT, I got tired of the hard ride. Seemingly smooth asphalt felt bumpy. I had a Busa, and they are comfy. That is more important than flickablity to me.
Traded my yellow/black Gixxer for a new '05 SE. Same Suzuki dealer. Pick it up tomorrow. Last '05 he has for the year. Other dealers are out too. Must be the rush to get 'em cuz the '06 might be ugly.
I only lost $600 in the deal. Thats OK by me. I rode the Gixxer for 3 months.

Congrats... Welcome Home.
wink.gif

Damn id pay 600 bucks to borrow a 5k for 3 mths...matter of fact

WTB (wanted to borrow)

GSXR 5k 1000 for 3 months
will pay 600 bucks
smile.gif

Boy Howdy, I am just the opposite! I have the K5 gixxer as well as the 05 LE Busa. I like my busa but I love my gixxer. I find it less tiring to ride and my back seems to like it better as well? The busa is a nice crusier but it's a brute to throw around. As a matter of fact, as soon as I get done with my work day I'm off to one of my favorite wheelie spots for a little one wheel fun.

Welcome back to the wonderful world of the finest cruiser money can buy!

You took the same path (almost) that I did. I sold my 03 gixxer that I had for two years and bought a new busa. For me, an old guy, no comparo in the comfort department, the busa was a great choice for me, no more aching upper back and neck! Since I've never really been an aggressive canyon carver, I can hardly notice the difference in weight and flickability between the two.

Welcome back to Busa land...
beerchug.gif

...My K5 has landed in India, and is getting cleared by customs... have to see... which of the two I will end up riding more
wink.gif

Not long ago I almost went the other way but after some thought the 05' Gix would not make any sence to me.

Since I've never really been an aggressive canyon carver, I can hardly notice the difference in weight and flickability between the two. [/QUOTE]

And even if you like to carv a canyon here and there you kinda have to have one nearby to make it worthwhile.
I dont exactly live in Texas like flat lands , not even close..yet I have to search pretty hard to find a set of corners where it becomes difficult to corner the Busa.
Dont get me wrong, there are some nice twisties around but not enough to justify buying such a specialized bike.

The Busa does it all and I love to ride alot so it wins.

As far as wheelies go they just dont do it for me, id much rather just ride.  Besides, around here a wheelie is certainly going to land you a ticket at the very minimum, while if you speeding you at least have a shot at getting off if you act mature about the whole thing.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121231727 -->

Back