Gixxer 1000 Vs Hayabusa

If you are doing what 80% of what most highway racers are doing.. which is starting in 2nd gear and rolling out from around 6000 rpm. The busa gets its ass kicked. Been there... seen it.

If you are doing what 80% of what most highway racers are doing.. which is starting in 2nd gear and rolling out from around 6000 rpm.  The busa gets its ass kicked.  Been there... seen it.
From what I gather the liter bikes are about 1 second faster from a 60-100 roll-on ..I am not sure what the math is but 1 second is a pretty good lead @ that speed.

If you are doing what 80% of what most highway racers are doing.. which is starting in 2nd gear and rolling out from around 6000 rpm.  The busa gets its ass kicked.  Been there... seen it.
Isn't Methadone legal in Canada? Did you find that it helped you get off the Heroin? Cuz you MUST have been on drugs if you saw a busa get whipped in a 2nd gear roll on with a 1k, unless the busa rider outweighed the gixxer pilot by 150lbs or better......

Hmm.. well id tend to believe Brown or folks with hands on racing experience over Sport Riders numbers.

But pretty much every modern 1K they have tested did better in 60-80 and 80-100mph roll-ons.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/index.html

So whats up with that?
The roll on numbers are done in top gear, which on the Busa/12 is tall to allow for high speed. Also at these low engine speeds (60mph in 6th gear) the busa is well behind its torque curve. If they were to conduct these tests in lower gears the results would be different

Ah that would explain it, thanks. Still though there is alot of talk that the new 05' R1000 is the fastest bike around.
Id sure like to see someone do a shootout between an R1000 and Busa just to get the story straight. Too bad its not clear who the winner is like it was 3 or 4 years ago.
smile.gif

'05 GSXR = 175 hp - 366 lbs - 9.77 secs in 1/4 w/ pro rider
'05 Busa = 175 hp - 488 lbs - 9.89 secs in 1/4 w/ pro rider

Hrmmmmm...... depends on what type of riding and what type of rider it is. The Busa has more torque. You can do a lot more with the aftermarket support with the Busa too.

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118806339 -->

at speeds above 150....I'd rather be on the busa.....real real smooth. Anyone have lots of top end experience on a Gixxer 1000? My guess would be it can hold its own above 150mph...but would be a bit less stable because of aerodynamics and weight....any thoughts hear?

Ah that would explain it, thanks.   Still though there is alot of talk that the new 05' R1000 is the fastest bike around.
Id sure like to see someone do a shootout between an R1000 and Busa just to get the story straight.   Too bad its not clear who the winner is like it was 3 or 4 years ago.
smile.gif
On the strip, the K5 is a bad b!tch. They'll run low 9's on stock wheelbase with pipe, pc strapped and sprocketed. The aftermarket isn't there yet like it is for the Busa, but it will be. I'd like to see a shootout with the ZX-10, ZX12, K5 and Busa. Same riders, same day, best average of 5 runs each on the strip and dyno.

Hrmmmmm...... depends on what type of riding and what type of rider it is. The Busa has more torque. You can do a lot more with the aftermarket support with the Busa too.
You're quoting dry weights and crank hp which are irrelevant. When were the 1/4 times done? Are they a side by side comparison? Same day same track? Prolly not.

Okay, so the HP is damn near matching, but torque is what gets a bike moving off the line......then midrange HP is what it converts to for the high end power.

So if the Busa has 20ft lbs more torque it will rip off the line faster, not to mention the weight will keep it down easier. Then you factor in the extra 100lbs of weight, and it seems it would be a fair race with anyone stealing the show.

I've heard alot about this new Gixxer G being faster then the Busa....but then we obviously have many areas where it may or may not be. Maybe it's faster in one area, like the 60mph - 80 mph roll on only......and they just said "Ooooh it's faster now!!!!!" I guess we'll have to wait until they do a side by side comparison on the same day at the tracks for these two to really find out.

Old knowledge of the two doesn't apply apparently with the new bike having more HP then ever. Which is what I think I'm hearing from alot of people at dealerships.

In the end, he wants to do stunts, so I told him to buy the Gixxer G instead because from what I've read here, the Busa is for a more experienced rider to start with , and a very experienced rider to do stunts. So that alone tells me he shouldn't buy it.

For me, I bought my Busa Friday, mainly because of what someone else stated.....after 2-3 hours on my R6 my ass felt like a cinderblock. I hated it for long trips. Very uncomfortable.
Now I don't have to worry about it anymore....
smile.gif

This was taken from TheDude27 on another thread.

Posted: June 10 2005,23:02  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder what would happen if we re-geared our stock bike to match the lower top speed of the stock 1000's?  I wonder who would win?

Transmission Gear Teeth (Ratios)  

05 GSXR
6th 32/26 (1.269:1)
5th 34/25 (1.360:1)
4th 36/24 (1.500:1)
3rd 36/21 (1.714:1)
2nd 39/19 (2.052:1)
1st 41/16 (2.562:1)

BUSA:
6th 24/23 (1.043:1)
5th 25/22 (1.136:1)
4th 27/31 (1.285:1)
3rd 29/19 (1.526:1)
2nd 31/16 (1.937:1)
1st 34/13  (2.615:1)

Basically their top gear is = our 4th gear ratio.  So for roll ons lets see them in 6th and us in 4th  

Since they have shorter gears, technically they should (key word, "should") beat us in short distance and maybe even roll-ons. But as you can see, their 6th is similar to our 4th gear ratio. We still have 2 gears to go, so as far as top end speed goes, they shouldn't (again, key word "shouldn't") stand a chance.

Isn't Methadone legal in Canada? Did you find that it helped you get off the Heroin? Cuz you MUST have been on drugs if you saw a busa get whipped in a 2nd gear roll on with a 1k, unless the busa rider outweighed the gixxer pilot by 150lbs or better......
Maybe reality hasnt bite mr brown yet. Last week .. my modded busa and a 12r with akro pipe both got spanked by a 05 1000. The gix had the litest rider by 60 lbs. Rollons were in 2nd gear at around 6500 rpm... the gix pulled at least 3-4 length every time.

Maybe reality hasnt bite mr brown yet.   Last week .. my modded busa and a 12r with akro pipe both got spanked by a 05 1000.  The gix had the litest rider by 60 lbs.  Rollons were in 2nd gear at around 6500 rpm... the gix pulled at least 3-4 length every time.
First of all, 3-4 bikes isn't an ass kicking. Secondly, if the 12 and the Busa were giving up 60lbs to a bike with an equal amount of power, who do ya think would win? You said it yourself. Switch riders in that scenario and the Busa or the 12 would pull away from the K5. Also which bike was at 6500 in 2nd? They couldn't both have been..........

To me 4 lengths by the top of 4th gear is a beating. When me and the 12r switch riders it makes maybe a bike length in difference. I wasnt about to tell the gsx owner to hand over his brand new toy seeing I just met him that nite. Im betting it would have made much difference. Feel free to post your own real world expierences with a 05 1000.

I think it boils down to this, if you want the fastest bike around then get a liter bike, there are no ifs ands or buts about it.
If you want nearly the fastest bike around and THE most comfortable SS bike made then get the Busa...try riding a Gixxer 1K for 6-10 hrs a day.
smile.gif
Big difference between "quickest" and "fastest". Based on the riding most us do, our skill will determine who is the "quickest". Suzuki never designed the Busa to be the "quickest" only the "fastest". The liter bikes are not, with the same variables, arriving at 186 faster than the Busa or 12r!

To me 4 lengths by the top of 4th gear is a beating.  When me and the 12r switch riders it makes maybe a bike length in difference.  I wasnt about to tell the gsx owner to hand over his brand new toy seeing I just met him that nite.  Im betting it would have made much difference.  Feel free to post your own real world expierences with a 05 1000.
When did you guys shut it down? I know you were probably running out of road quickly, but are you saying the ride lasted between 2nd and 4th gears only? I'm trying to get the complete scenerio.

Back