Gixxer 1000 Vs Hayabusa

Aceshigh

Registered
Stock VS Stock in the 1/4 mile which would win??
Is it really close or is it an ass whoopin ??

I'm just curious because I'm getting different viewpoints from EVERY dealership I call, and I'm sure half of them don't even have a real clue.

One guy told me he raced bikes for a few years and he sounded older. He told me flat out the Busa would beat the new GSXR1000....maybe not by alot, but purely because it can keep it's front end down easier and that means you're going forward faster.

I was just asking because 5 of my guys are buyin new bikes with me.

1 of them bought an '04 Gixxer 1000
1 of them bought an '04 Yamaha R1
1 of them bought an '05 Gixxer 1000....and they are blowing his head up sayin it will smoke the Busa....and it's more expensive.
1 more is buyin his this weekend....still undecided between the '05 Busa and '05 Gixxer 1000
Sooooo I need some input on this topic for a truly informed decision helping hand here.

The 05 will probably win the stoplight-to-stoplight battles. If you're talkin about high-speed "run as long as your nuts will let you" races, I'd put my money on the Busa.

your talking tenths of a second in either direction with a skilled rider. The question is which bike do you like better?

Agree with painless4u
biggrin.gif

...They are both fast!! Buy the one you like the most

One guy told me he raced bikes for a few years and he sounded older. He told me flat out the Busa would beat the new GSXR1000....maybe not by alot, but purely because it can keep it's front end down easier and that means you're going forward faster.
This guys knows what he is talking about.

The Gsxr will win some roll-ons (depending on speed started) and the Busa will wins some roll-ons.
The busa wins the 1/4 mile with equal riders.

Each bike has its advantages, but they are very close.

In the twisties, the Gsxr rules. Its about 110 lbs lighter, way more flickable, but is short around 20 lbs of torque to the busa.

Straight line accerleration, touring, top speed, the busa rules.

And yes, I have owned both.
biggrin.gif

Skilled Racers can take a late model stock 600 class bike into the high 9's with just a sprocket, straps and tire pressure adjustments...now what was the question again?
laugh.gif

Skilled Racers can take a late model stock 600 class bike into the high 9's with just a sprocket, straps and tire pressure adjustments[/QUOTE]

Yes and unskilled racers can take the Busa into the tens.
smile.gif

The longer I have the Busa the more I realize the benefit of its planted front end..I can whack it open almost anywhere and all I do is launch. On the freeway dodging cars , the last thing I need to contend with is a sketchy front end.
smile.gif

I am pretty sure that you cannot just whack the throttle open on the Gixxer 1K carelessly in the first 3 or 4 gears.

You can whack the Busa open with all it has in every gear after first and it will stay nicely planted given the insane acceleration you are extracting out of it. Yeah it gets lighter or may come up a hair but overall its very controllable.

A guy I know has both an 05' Gixxer 1000 and a Busa...he says the Gixxer is way faster than the Busa but he wont be specific about it..evidentally it feels faster though probably due to the smaller size of the bike.
Go sit on one, they are like getting on a 10 speed.
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Be prepared to have to defend you Busa all the time though...I must get a
"oooh a Hayabusa, but they handle bad dont they?"

at least once a week.

I still say my 03 R1 (sold R.I.P.) was quicker than my Busa in the short runs (through 3rd gear).  I know I stated that when the Busa was new but it is now broken in and I stand by my statement.  Flat out speed?  The Busa has eats it for lunch and then comes back to finish it off.

Short run will be the Gixxer 1000, long will be the Busa.

Twisties... whoever gets there first...

Sorry guys, thats my opinion...
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|RamminBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118800321 -->

Your R1 probably was faster, Sport Rider tested the 04' R1 as follows:
YZF-R1 04' , 1/4 mile 9.93 @ 147.4 60-80mph 2.8sec 80-100mph 2.92sec top speed 184

I think it boils down to this, if you want the fastest bike around then get a liter bike, there are no ifs ands or buts about it.
If you want nearly the fastest bike around and THE most comfortable SS bike made then get the Busa...try riding a Gixxer 1K for 6-10 hrs a day.
smile.gif

it will come down to the rider  PERIOD
+1
+2
We are talking about 1/10ths of seconds here. Anyboby that has ever actually been down a dragstrip will tell you that at this level the bike is irrelevant, it's all dependant on the rider. get what you like more and learn to ride the sh!t out of it. 99% of people that own these types of bike never even come close to extracting all the bike has anyway, so who cares which is faster. If you've got a jet fighter but don't know how to fly, I can beat you on a bicylcle.

Well besides that isnt most drag racing not about speed but being consistant?

I've had ( owned ) both .. twisties .. the (1000 ) should prevail .. ( weight) straightlinin it ( Busa ) mostly ..up to rider's skillz , the 1 liter is a tad qwiker thru 2nd gear to me ..then the " Busa" ..close's the door > could be me <.
wink.gif

Back