Gixxer 1000 Vs Hayabusa

To me 4 lengths by the top of 4th gear is a beating.  When me and the 12r switch riders it makes maybe a bike length in difference.  I wasnt about to tell the gsx owner to hand over his brand new toy seeing I just met him that nite.  Im betting it would have made much difference.  Feel free to post your own real world expierences with a 05 1000.
If you don't know the guy, how do you know how much weight you were giving away? Also if you think weight doesn't make a huge difference you've never raced seriously. My point is there is no clear ass-kicker anymore. It comes down to rider. If you think the K5 is all-world, sell your Busa and go buy one. As soon as someone in my area steps up and buys a K5 (prolly won't be long....) I'll test it out and trade bikes back and forth until we all know who can do what with which bike. That's how me and my riding buddies are. We all like to talk tall sh!t but we all know who has what.

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118825239 -->

If you don't know the guy, how do you know how much weight you were giving away?
One of my riding buddies works at fairs. You probably have seen him. He's the one who guesses peoples weight within 3 pounds. Maybe Steve rides with the guy my buddy trained with
laugh.gif

The answer is fairly simple.. i asked him his weight. Not really a tuff question. You guy can blahblah all yu like ...If i wanted a 05 1000 id have one. I dont want any of the 100os out there. I like my bus and will continue to play with it. Just telling yu what I saw and how it played out. You guys can work the math and talk #### all you like. Post when you beat a 05 1000 and Ill be impressed.
ps .. for the guy who asked... the race ended at the top of 4th... it was getting dark. Im sure we will run into him again and will try more types of races.

Nothing beats a close race on the internet.
laugh.gif

Conclusion?...They are both quick & fast as he11...K5 gets a jump on the busa during top gear roll'on's for two reasons..

1. It's cogged closer to it's power band than the busa at those speeds and...

2. The K5 has a greater power:weight ratio

but once upstairs?..say a roll'on from 120 up and the busa's greater torque and areodynamics begin to shine and by 150 your reeling gixxer boy in for dinner....in the straights.

But in the twisties?...you better be a considerably better rider than the K5 pilot or you will have trouble hanging with'im.

There...see?...I just got to race on te internet too!!!
tounge.gif

ps .. for the guy who asked... the race ended at the top of 4th... it was getting dark.  
gsteve it was I who asked where you guys shut it down. Now I feel a little better about things, 3-4 lengths in 4th gear sounds like dinner to me if you run through the final 2 gears. I'm not trying to take anything away from the 1k or any liter bikes for that matter, but they can't hang with the big boys on the high end.

Keep lookin for that mofo and when you have some more daylight hand em his undys
evil.gif

Ya win some and ya lose some, unfortunately competition is becoming plentiful and we're running on old equipment.

BD... I would like to see how they pull thru the higher gears too. My buds 04 r1 was a handful and more till around 140 too. Im sure we will see that 1000 around yet. Ill keep messing around with the maps on my bus and hope for the best. sj

I think it boils down to this, if you want the fastest bike around then get a liter bike, there are no ifs ands or buts about it.
If you want nearly the fastest bike around and THE most comfortable SS bike made then get the Busa...try riding a Gixxer 1K for 6-10 hrs a day.
smile.gif
Before I got my 04' LE I already thought it wasn't the fastest bike.

What I'm saying is I went buying my Busa because I wanted something fast and comfortable. It wasn't until after I got my Busa that I learned that it was still considered the fastest production motorcycle made. Hell I just considered that a bonus.

But if it is not considered the fastest any more that doesn't bother me in the least.

That's why I agree with the post I quoted.

Sorry to break up the stat quoting and the high math equations put into play to see who's is longest.... I bought the busa because I love the bike and will still be riding it when the 2k's come out.

unconditional love I say!

As said earlier, really depends on who's in the drivers seat....
The 1k is pretty much at the top of its game right now and with that comes a lot of risk..... Several friends of mine have blown their 1k's up! The busa has a lot of growing room and is just barely into its full potential! IMOP.....
We are talking about brother and little brother here so it would really come down to what "Your" going to do with this bike. Anyone can talk the talk, but few can ride the ride....
smile.gif

How does Cycle World weigh theses new bikes?
I mean I've road all of the new litre bikes and they definetly are lighter. Suzuki claims 365 lbs dry for the 1k and Cycle World 412 lbs dry and the Kaw 10R at 405 lbs. Question: Are the makers exagerating or is Cycle World wrong? I think Suzuki claims 474 lbs for the busa but I'm not sure, does anyone know what cycle world or Sportbikes claims?

Oh and by the way. I love my 2000 busa but the 10R and 1k are awsome bikes. It's all in what you want.

Back