Not going to trade my Busa for a K5 Gixxer.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
This is from my thread over at S.org, I figured most of you read both places so I only posted it there. I post a few things here and a few things there.
smile.gif

>>>>>>>>>>
A few days ago I began entertaining the thought of getting a K5 1000
and my looney ass ran with it very quickly , I was at the dealership working the numbers the day after I thought about it.

As hard as it is, especially after coming so close to getting one, I am going to have to let it go because after alot of though I have come to the conclusion that the move would make no sence.

Here is my reasoning...

Twisties:
(huge reason here!)......
Some of the best twistie roads in my area are 100 miles or better away, in other words you gotta drive 100+ miles just to get to them...comfort is important.

In reality there really is no such thing as any local twisties for me. Yeah there are some nice long sweepers but my Busa can take those at any speed I desire. There are a few nice corners on Chuckunut Dr. but you have Subaru's railing thru there too....so my Busa can take those at any speeds I am comfy with...say 25mph corners @ 50-60 , 15s @ 40ish.
Overall there is a long wait between and 25mph and down corners around here.

Some say the Gixxer is easier to handle around town...hmm well the Busa is easy too. That is not even near being an issue for me. I have no problem hoping in the Busa and running down to the video store or whatever. But some give that as a reason for getting the Gixxer.
Which brings me to one point, many guys shy away from the Busa because they think its heavy and cannot handle. This rumor is spread pretty well because I hear it all the time, and its always from someone who has never been on one.

Another big one, I love to do some highway dodging now and again and the Busa was made for this. From what I have read I suspect the Gixxer does this well too but no way its going to feel as planted as the Busa , expecially if there are any cross winds and being on the coast we get plenty of those.
The speed areas I run are cruising about 80mph, passing @ 80-120 (fun!).
Yeah id like to be able to do this faster but I dont think the Gixxer is going to give me a significant gain in this area anyways. This is were a Turbo or NOS would come in handy.

A cruiser: Yeah I like to go for a casual cruise sometimes...just pop up the old visor and chill ..look around and enjoy the smell and scenery.
IMO the Busa makes for a fine crusier.

There is more because I have put WAY too much thought into this but I will leave it at that.

Id love to have a Gixxer but it does not make sence for me. If money was not an issue then id have both. For one bike though its gotta be a Busa. I am glad I did not make any rash decisions in these last few days.
Ive had a few Gixxer owners tell me to keep the Busa and one even wants to trade his K5 Gixxer for my Busa + cash.

Besides if I traded for a Gixxer now and they came out with a new Busa later on you know damn well id be trading in again.

Welp, I just past 5100 miles on my Busa, here is to the next 5K which I guarantee I will do my years end or sooner.
beerchug.gif

You chose well grasshopper!!!
beerchug.gif
Also think about the cool performance and aesthetic mods available for Busa!!! I'm working on getting a Turbo that still stealth around town but when you twist; watch the hell out!!! I figure anything around 250-300 RWHP is fine. Anymore and I'm looking for a deathwish. Well, enjoy the many more years on Busa b/c after you mod her out more, she'll be that much more to you.

I took a 05 gixxer 1k out yesterday with only 26 miles on the clock for the 1st time. Oh my god !! I was very suprised. I thought my busa was fast but so was this rocket. Don't want to start up no shid but DAHM that bike is fast. My nephew bought it yesterday and pulled it out of the show room and went straight to my house. It's his first bike ever. Anyway maybe one day I'll have one too sitting right next to my busa that I love so much. As for my nephew, man he worries me. I taught him how to ride years ago on my RF900 and he always said one day he'd get a bike. For the last couple of years he's been saying it and now we're frantic. Already gave him all the tips and lectures. Now if I could only get him to gear up. Later guys.

IMO for one bike, you made the right decision. I have both and the new 1K is a specialized tool able to do some fun things very well. The busa is the best overall tool and does a lot of things well. You would have been disappointed had you traded one for the other.

I took a 05 gixxer 1k out yesterday with only 26 miles on the clock for the 1st time. Oh my god !! I was very suprised. I thought my busa was fast but so was this rocket. Don't want to start up no shid but DAHM that bike is fast. My nephew bought it yesterday and pulled it out of the show room and went straight to my house. It's his first bike ever. Anyway maybe one day I'll have one too sitting right next to my busa that I love so much. As for my nephew, man he worries me. I taught him how to ride years ago on my RF900 and he always said one day he'd get a bike. For the last couple of years he's been saying it and now we're frantic. Already gave him all the tips and lectures. Now if I could only get him to gear up. Later guys.
I'd be scared as shid too!

BentValve -- I think you made the right choice!

<!--EDIT|#cruncherbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120283450 -->

All the reports of the frames cracking at the headtubes has got me taking a step back from the new 1K.

Good choice man. You own the best "all-around" machine there is. A 1K would be a hoot to blast around on, but for the long haul, it wouldnt be near as comfy as the bus.

We have a couple of long days ahead of us next week, and you have the right tool for the job!
biggrin.gif

Why not get yourself a "grey" bike in case you get the urge to slam the twisties or track
smile.gif
Some of the older ones are relatively cheap and with a little title trickery you can get them street legal. Or what about a super motard as an addition to the family?
smile.gif

smile.gif

Glad to have you here Bro... When are we getting together somewhere?

Back