Am I a TRAITOR?

I just went and sat on an '05 Gixxer....I must say I was very impressed, but when the salesman joked around about me trading the Busa in, my immediate reaction was "no way!!. Very nice bike, but they had it next to a silver/black Busa on the showroom and in my opinion, no contest. I'll keep mine
smile.gif

THAT is one sweet busa you got there! The 1K performs, but how could you live without the curves of the bus? Kinda like Kate Moss and Salma Hayek... Ya gotta be nuts...

Not a traitor cause you're still in the Suzuki family. Now if it was a Kawi......JK, your world, if that's what you think is gonna make you happy, go for it Bro.

Don't listen to all this "comfort" talk. That is subjective and different for each indiviual. I almost didn't go with a litre bike, and didn't expect to enjoy the 10R on longer rides based on reading those kinds of comments on this and other boards. However, the truth is that I am quite a bit more comfortable on the 10 than I was on the busa after some miles and a few hours of ridin'.

With that said, sit on the gixxer, or better yet RIDE one if you can and see how it feels. If it fits YOU as well as the busa does, fits your riding style, and you want one... get it. I get a LOT more enjoyment out of the 10 than I did my busa but I love the twisties and it just plain fits me better. It handles well past my abilities as a rider and I end up FAR less fatigued after several hours of ridin'.

One thing I learned in making the move from Train to Diablo was this... Do NOT take what you get in threads like this too seriously. Read it all, sift out the good information, and take it into consideration, but DO NOT make your decision based solely on it. Only your arse and your heart can tell you if the gixxer is right for you.
wink.gif

Well, the choice is yours, BUT, the two bikes are two totally differant animals, made for two differant rideing styles, so if your going to have to settle for only one, then decide how you want to ride, and go from there. This past weekend, there was an 04 1000 in the group,and when we hit the twisty,s, I was first in, and first out, but like someone else said, it has a lot to do with the rider.

hehe, and the hayabusa's handling capabilities wasn't past your skill level?

You won't be a traitor at all bro... BT is but you won't be!
laugh.gif
jokin bro!
Tell us how you like to ride man. If you love the twisties, wheelies, and flickability you won't be unsatisfied.

I made the jump to a gixxer last week. I am not regretting it one tiny bit. And I had a georgeous busa.

I LOVE the twisties... That gixxer is such an improvement over the busa in the twisites its not even funny bro...
BT hit the nail on the head when he said ride one. I rode mine before I bought it for about 30 mins. After about 10 of those 30, I was hooked!

Be sure to read TufBusa's review of his K5...

I don't want to get flamed here but this is what I think my gixxer does better than the busa...

Brakes A LOT better (radial mounted also)
Better throttle response
Shifts way smoother
Better instrument panel
Twisties better
More flickable
Wheelies a lot better/easier
Has a stock shift light... very nice
Much lighter. easier to ride fast
Harder suspension (for speed and cornering)
Quicker on a track

Here is what I think the Busa does better:

More comfortable
Accelerates straight line better
Fuel guage is a +
Better wind protection
Distinct look VS other sportbikes
Mod VS Mod the busa when in the power dept hands down
Better sound
More stable at high speeds
Softer suspension better for street (bumps holes etc)
Quicker off the line & 1/4

Like I said, don't want to start a pissin' contest here... Please don't flame me, if you dis agree thats cool, but we can be gentlemen here right?
This is just my opinion, they are both GREAT bikes! I have taken this from my own personal experience.

-Bill

I vote for both if you can swing it  
rock.gif
 I have a 03 Busa and a 1KRR  
wink.gif

Get what you like, the only thing you will be a trraitor too is you butt on a long ride, otherwise the 1000's is a great bike.

What kinda riding do you plan on doing??? The type of riding you do should dictate the kinda bike you own.

Your choice of bike is a choice of a tool. You have a job to do (have fun, get to work, show off to your buddies, tour) and you need to have the right tool for the job. Figure out the job, and the tool should be an easy choice. The 1K and the Busa are two different tools for two different jobs.

Your choice of bike is a choice of a tool. You have a job to do (have fun, get to work, show off to your buddies, tour) and you need to have the right tool for the job. Figure out the job, and the tool should be an easy choice. The 1K and the Busa are two different tools for two different jobs.
Yeah, what he said... if you're a tool, keep the busa. 9 out of 10 tools on this site will agree... Just ask Revlis...
laugh.gif

revsuit.jpg

Sorry... j/k... Couldn't let that opportunity pass after all the jabs I get around here.
biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone for their advice........

Made decision to keep Busa .....................and get the new Gixxer when they become available to the public (somewhere near the end of April)..

Its like you guys said they both have their strong points...so if you have both then ur covered right
wink.gif

Chain here is one more pic.....

Hayabusa_front1.JPG

Back