Am I a TRAITOR?

mprins

Registered
Went for ride on Sunday and met up with two K5 1000's....we played a bit on the road did rolling starts from 3rd and 4th and the thing ran with me eventhough the guy must have weighed 60 pounds more than me......

Thing is.........I think I wanna trade my Busa for one of those new K5 1000's

U guys need to put this into perspective as im really confused :-)

This is my Busa im thinking of trading in on new K5......

oops here goes with the pic.......

<!--EDIT|mprins
Reason for Edit: "having trouble posting pic"|1111503601 -->

Hayabusa.JPG

Sorry but what is a K5 1000?

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111504487 -->

WOW!

I have always been a sucker for the traditional blue/white Gixxer paint scheme. That has to be one of the best renditions of the theme I have ever laid eyes on!

Is that your bike?!?! More pics, please! That is fantastic!

Edit: if it's not entirely clear, I think you'd be nuts for trading off that Hayabusa!

<!--EDIT|chain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111504086 -->

The bike that makes you happy is the best bike for you, even if it's no bike.So no, you can't be a traitor if you are doing what you want to. If you were buying one to be like someone else, not cuz YOU want one, then I would say yes.

You are clearly confused and should seek help immediately!
laugh.gif

Nice paint BTW...wouldn't you miss that?!
wink.gif

Talking about 2005 GSXR1000 Suzuki.....

Thanx Chain....Yes it is mine its a 99 model, used to be red and black. I will post more 2morrow.....

Cheers

Ok, ok ...

well let me start ...

Most all the newer sportbikes are fast some are really fast. A lot has to do with the rider. I am really slow off the line for 2 reasons, 1st i dont want to tear up the clutch by burnning it hard off the line in 1st gear. 2nd I am just slow off the line...
wink.gif
I have had 600's & R1's get the jump on me a couple times, I usually drive around them as we hit higher speeds... I like riding the busa because it is "A BUSA" Bad azz reputation ... even people who dont know that much about sportbikes have heard of the speed king... and I dont have to prove it everytime I roll. And finally have you considered this - The Gixxer 1K for 2005 is also very uncomfortable and have you seen the ugly pipe? and turn signal in the mirrors make it look like a BMW tourer ... best comment I ever heard about my cmfy powerful beast was " that is the sexiest bike I ever seen ..." anyway my 2 cents ...
cool.gif

sf_11_04_011.jpg

Hey thats not your average busa but any way get the 05 if thats what you want all the ugly stuff can be fixxed, pipe and mirrors...but dont let me see you cruising my streets cause its gonna be on
mad.gif

j/k
smile.gif

Keep the Busa and get the GSXR.......
Work hard and own both!

Your decision what bike you ride. If you want the Gixxer that's cool. No one here will try to kick you off the board. The only thing I would say is don't just jump at something because you think it might be cool. Think it through and then decide. You might be surprised at your decision.

I didn't know your bus was the original '99. Assuming for the sake of discussion that you've owned it since it was new, I can't blame you for thinking about doing a different machine. That's a long time to be riding one motorcycle.

I don't have a money tree out in the back yard either, so I'm a one bike guy (one at a time anyway).

Long story long, I'd not blame you a bit if you decided to try a Gixxer Thou for awhile.

Back