What RWHP are stock Busa's putting out these days?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Most of the Dyno's ive come across are from magazines or from modded Busas....id like to know what HP my stock 05' Busa can put out at the rear wheel.

Id love to see a stock 05' Busa and stock 05' GSX-R1000 go on the same Dyno on the same day.

i think the stock busa shouold have a dyno rating of 150 - 155 RWHP depending on how it has been broken in! ...and its been the same since the busa first launched in 99.

The GSXR 1000 has more HP than the busa! Thats what you would see on a dyno too... but the busa has a lot more torque...

From what I read in the BIKE magazine, the 05 GSXR 1000 is also capable of a top speed of 186 MPH! ...thats pretty much what the current busa'a can do!

Some one correct me if im wrong!

Now that you have mentioned it... I cant sleep ....

Boy i love the new GSXR  
drooling3.gif
...I'll definetly buy one of those by the end of this year as a stable mate for Elenor
biggrin.gif

All donations are welcome
tounge.gif

....oops sorry for going off the topic!
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112811421 -->

now a days busa are pumping out the same hp they did when they came out 6 yrs ago
wink.gif

Every stock Busa test I've seen is right around 160 hp. at the wheel. And everyone seems to forget the 100 torque rating which literally "stomps" literbikes. It also helps it to overcome the weight disadvantage. As far as top speed, I'm amazed that some forget or simply don't know the Busa is restricted to around 186. They are easy to de-restrict and I think the slowest published top speed of an unrestricted model is 189 with the fastest being 200.2 although I'm skeptical about that one. It's a long way between the two. Still the speed king? Most definitely!

Back