Busa = Gixxer1300?

I always proudly reply..."It's a Suzuki Hayabusa".

Those that don't know what that is used to get a history lesson.
But these days, not so much.

Most people know what a Hayabusa is...if they dont, I simply say "It is the fastest motorcycle in the world"

Do u get the old timers talking your head off whenever you pull into a gas station about their glory days on "real motorcycles"...?

There are those who love and there are those who despise it.

I just tend to tell everyone I have a Blue Bike and they all get the hint that I have the fastest color out there.:laugh:

NO a hayabusa is not a gsxr.

its a gsx...just like a katana. And just like katana it uses left over technology from the gsxr.

Still to this date the hayabusa has zero unique technology. I wears all hand me downs from the gsxr. So even though it is FINALLY catching up to its potential, the hayabusa is king merely by displacement.(of the suzuki sportbike line up) The current Hayabusa can not even defend its title from the factory floor as the fastest production bike anymore....

So even though you like your bikes...you are living a dream.

The current Hayabusa can not even defend its title from the factory floor as the fastest production bike anymore....

It can't defend it because they are restricted. But it was the last fastest production bike.

Do u get the old timers talking your head off whenever you pull into a gas station about their glory days on "real motorcycles"...?
I think a lot of us resemble that comment... there are a lot of 30-40 year riding careers here...

The glory days of "real bikes" meant reliability issues and compared to the new bikes lousy handling.. but they sure had personality.. :laugh:

its a gsx...just like a katana. And just like katana it uses left over technology from the gsxr.

Still to this date the hayabusa has zero unique technology. I wears all hand me downs from the gsxr. So even though it is FINALLY catching up to its potential, the hayabusa is king merely by displacement.(of the suzuki sportbike line up) The current Hayabusa can not even defend its title from the factory floor as the fastest production bike anymore....

so your point is? sheesh.. if the bike rubs you the wrong way so bad why would your ride one or be here?

Last edited:
It will do anything you want it to do.It still turns heads anywhere you go.It still gets the respect it deserves from anyone that rides a motorcycle.And with a couple of simple bolt-on pieces,it's the fastest motorcycle in the world.Now,with that said,she's anything you want to call her.:beerchug:

UMMM I agree with the top part of your statement about the Busa being part of the Katana family but for some reason last time I checked a Busa held the LSR for motorcycles and not a liter bike

UMMM I agree with the top part of your statement about the Busa being part of the Katana family but for some reason last time I checked a Busa held the LSR for motorcycles and not a liter bike

the hayabusa does not hold any lsr in stock form...hence what we are discussing. Throwing money at a platform is a moot point in this discussion.

People ask me all the time at work, resturaunts etc. "What kinda bike do you have?". And I always reply w/:

Q: What kinda bike?
A: A Suzuki
Q: Suzuki what?
A: Oh, a Gixxer
Q: 600? 750?
A: No, a 1300.

It got me thinkin, would you really consider a Busa a Gixxer?
Could I get away w/ putting GSXR stickers on my Busa?

Busa is not a Gixxer :lol:

busa, zx11 etc....of course these aren't LSR sanctioned events....these were top speed record holders.....were.

Last edited:
unsanctioned record holder? what is that? "cause I said so" ? or my time clocks were 20 feet short? :laugh:

Back