wannabe busa owner

oldguy

Registered
I hope to have a nice new red and black busa for April. Looking forward to owning one. I currently have a vmax and 004 gsxr 750(wife's). I absolutely detest the vmax. I think the little gixxer ruined me for it. I love that little gixxer. The busa must be really something.

Nah,

You'll hate it
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

might as well use the vmax as a down payment.cause once you ride the busa ,its all over for the yamaha!!

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104119179 -->

You got that right rob t. It was all over after I rode the 750! Vmaxes are such a lemon. I've almost been drummed out of the vmax forums for complaining about its downfalls.

I love mine. My wife got jelious enough that she's now a regular passenger so I got a mp3 player and a chatter box. The down fall is the rear tire wears out even faster
mad.gif

I've gotta stick up for the poor V-Max here... I owned an '85 V-Max for 10 years and 83,000 miles. The stock seat was a joke and it could only go in a straight line, but I loved that bike. Cross country touring, wheelies, boulevard cruising, aahhh the memories. The V-4 rumble, the incredible midrange roll-on power... what a blast. I now own and love my Busa, but still plan on picking up another Max when the time and price is right. Having owned 12 different motorcycles in my 20 years of riding, I have a spot in my heart for all of them... especially the Busa and the Max. In fact, I'd bet many other riders on this board have owned or still own a V-Max because it seems a natural progression for a torque and horsepower addict. Without intending to hijack this topic, are there any other former V-Max riders out there who agree with me?

I love mine. My wife got jelious enough that she's now a regular passenger so I got a mp3 player and a chatter box. The down fall is the rear tire wears out even faster  
mad.gif
Yeah mine is the same way. I never get to ride by myself anymore. Not to mention she doesnt like to lean in curbs so i have to drive like a beotch with her on back. Its pretty cool though that she (both our wifes) take an intrest in motorcycling. Only thing is gear is twice as expensive now cause you got to buy two of everything.

And about the V-Max

Man your old
poke.gif

I'm amazed by the number of fans the vmax has considering all of its insufficiencies. It does have an amazing look. It is fun to park at Starbucks. People are awestruck by them and I always have people asking what it is and how fast will it go. It's a great conversation piece. A good 600 rocket will whop its arse but I sure p*ssed a lot of Hardley riders off.

Thanks for the link.  Me likey.
I never owned a VMax but I did like that engine. I had an XS1100 for a few years and that thing could pull like a tractor too, made it very easy to ride when touring. As you said, the torque is one of the (several) things that attracted me to the 'Busa.

Back