wannabe busa owner

Owned a v-max for about 6 months. Ok for commuting back and forth to work. Nasty reactions when trying to corner though. And only 90 miles to a tank of gas. Was pretty quick though after the 6k rpm was reached. BUSA much better!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Sweet, I am drooling over you gixxer 750. That would be a sweet bike. I just picked up a 750 srad and I love it. It just keeps reving and reving, never seems to run out of tach. Very nice!

I've never been so impressed by a bike as I have been by the 750. It's akin to being one with the bike when you ride it. It's the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Yeah bro, if you get a Busa, it is going to feel HUGE after getting off of a 750. Two bikes, two missions, ya know.

I've never been so impressed by a bike as I have been by the 750. It's akin to being one with the bike when you ride it. It's the most fun you can have with your pants on.
I think most people would agree that the 750 Gixxer is one of the most "sorted" bikes out there for handling/performance/power-to-weight. You'll probably find the 'Busa more comfortable for long distances/touring though. I'll be interested to read your assessment.

Welcome oldguy. Hope you get that new red/blk Busa. By the way, where abouts in B.C. are you?

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104361613 -->

The weather here is getting pretty sh*tty, freezing temps at night and possible flurries coming up. I keep the little bike insured year round and we had an awesome ride on it before xmas. Insurance here is big bucks for big bikes. No use having a busa insured if you cannot ride it often. It's around double to insure a 1200 cc bike compared to a 750.
My regular dealer showed no interest in bringing one in for me last summer and they only had one in stock all year. So, I would like to deal now thinking its the off season and things are slower for bike shops but it really is hard to generate interest. I really hate to have to ask a dealer if its ok if I buy a bike today.
If I go to a few car lots, my phone is ringing for weeks afterwards from salesmen. Not bike salesmen.
Do'nt get me wrong - I want one bad and the boss has given her permission. I probably will take delivery before April and put a day permit on it occasionally.

I've never owned or ridden a V-Max, but if I ever buy a cruiser bike that will be the one, and I really dislike Yamahas in general.

Being a cruiser it's a given that it's a straight line bike, but what else is there to hate about it compared to other cruisers?
With 143 HP that thing must be insane and I find it hard to believe any 600 could give you a hard time, especially with its ungodly torque?

A friend of mine has a mint V-65 that I find pretty impressive but still can't come close to that timeless look of the V-Max.

Of course the Busa will destroy either one with just using 2nd and 3rd gear
smile.gif
but when it comes to the cruiser class what else out there can top the V-Max? The V-Rod? HAHAHAHA
smile.gif

smile.gif

With 143 HP that thing must be insane and I find it hard to believe any 600 could give you a hard time, especially with its ungodly torque?
That must be the factory rating at the crank. Most dyno charts I have seen for a stock V-Max are around 110 hp and 80 lb-ft of torque. Jet kits & pipes will raise that some.
smile.gif

Yep, that's at the crank. Got that out of a book called "Dream Machines".
You know you've got something nice when it's part of an expensive hard cover book with that kind of name
smile.gif

Of course the Busa is featured in there as the king of all motorcycles too.
wink.gif

To make a vmax handle and perform would cost in the vicinity of $10 grand canadian. Vmax frames and swingarms are like wet spagetti. Ride a stock vmax around a gentle bend at 70 ... 80 mph and feel the wobble. It's not a nice feeling. I once had a ffnn jetta playing with me on the freeway. He passed me while I was wobbling(on a bend) beside a big tandem tanker truck. He actually sandwiched me between the tanker and himself. I could'nt do anything but slow down ... that was a p*ss off. Beat by a jetta ... lovely ...

To make a vmax handle and perform would cost in the vicinity of $10 grand canadian. Vmax frames and swingarms are like wet spagetti. Ride a stock vmax around a gentle bend at 70 ... 80 mph and feel the wobble. It's not a nice feeling. I once had a ffnn jetta playing with me on the freeway. He passed me while I was wobbling(on a bend) beside a big tandem tanker truck. He actually sandwiched me between the tanker and himself. I could'nt do anything but slow down ... that was a p*ss off. Beat by a jetta ... lovely ...
oldguy that isnt gonna happen on the busa .but that does suck when a jetta gets ya lmao!!ps how old are ya anyways?

That was the rumour alright. The mt-01. But not coming to North America. And its a v-twin. Not for me. I know the vmax community does'nt like it.

I've gotta stick up for the poor V-Max here...  I owned an '85 V-Max for 10 years and 83,000 miles.  The stock seat was a joke and it could only go in a straight line, but I loved that bike.  Cross country touring, wheelies, boulevard cruising, aahhh the memories.  The V-4 rumble, the incredible midrange roll-on power...  what a blast.  I now own and love my Busa, but still plan on picking up another Max when the time and price is right.  Having owned 12 different motorcycles in my 20 years of riding, I have a spot in my heart for all of them...  especially the Busa and the Max.  In fact, I'd bet many other riders on this board have owned or still own a V-Max because it seems a natural progression for a torque and horsepower addict.   Without intending to hijack this topic, are there any other former V-Max riders out there who agree with me?
I agree. I offed my Y2K max on the 04 Busa & I miss the max. Should have kept it as a stable mate.

Back