Your busa may fall from it's throne

I was talking about this a while back. Can Suzuki really afford to develop and release both of these babies in the same year? Only way to make it pay would be to share components which would be good news for the Busa! Frontline radial brakes and suspenders would be a great start! Traction control would make sense on both of these bikes as well. Maybe a slipper clutch for the busa? Adjustable pegs, seats and bars on both of these would also be a welcome addition.

But dont forget the other manufacturers either. Yamaha has been rumored to be developing a new R1 and V-MAX concurrently! Same deal, parts sharing would be a tremendous asset to them as well. Then the fleet of Super ~1200cc Twins that have been rumored forever (Ducati, KTM, Aprilia). These could send the 4 cylinder bikes back to the well again if homolgated for WSB.

This winter is going to be cool man! Great news for those searching for clean low mile used bikes as everybody scurries to have "the" new bike this winter. I can't wait!

I was thinking about getting a ZX10R as an in town beater...If the new Gsxr is killer with a decent paint scheme (don't like the colors on the 1000s)...Zuk may just get more of my money
tounge.gif

Yeah, something like the 750 paint scheme, yellow/black or the maroon/black in a new HP 1000...that would be very sweet.

Be funny if the new zuk 1000 outran the zx14
jump9.gif

I dear God, I can here the pissing and moaning from team green from here.

this fall will be a great year for a Suzuki...I hope its for whole new thingy...for busa and gixxer
rock.gif

From my understanding, Suzuki changes the 1000 every odd year (01, 03, 05, 07) while Kawasaki does it every even year (02, 04, 06, 08). That's their way of topping each other every year. At least that's what I heard.

My son spent the day at the track on Saturday, Seattle 100! He had the priviledge of spending some time with Aaron Yates. Aaron gave everyone quite the show on a borrowed GSXR1000 Race Bike. I wasn't there but I guess he burned off a set of tires giving a slide show around turn two among others. Had that Gixxer looking like a flat track scooter with smoke coming from the rear tire as if he was doing a burn out then picking the front up for a stand up wheelie all the way to the next corner. Quite the show I guess. Exceptional talent I would say!

Anyway, according to Aaron, Suzuki is bringing a brand new version of the Gixxer out for 2007. Again, according to Aaron, the 07 gixxer will put 180 HP to the ground and if Suzuki can get enough units together to make it happen, the new gixxer will also have traction control right off the shelf? We'll see? If Traction control doesn't make it on the 07 model it will become a reality in 08 for sure? How sweet would that be?

If indeed this is the case, the poor OLD SCHOOL busa will be playing second fiddle until sales beging to drop to the point Suzuki has no choice but to improve the busa's performance.
apples?...oranges?..GETCHER Apples and Oranges Right Here Folks!..Free to any and ALL!....We Got Apples!.....We Got Oranges!...Both Are Sweet, Juicey and Fresh!...Apples!......Oranges!!!
biggrin.gif

anybody?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

this is why the new Busa won't be til 08
because of the new 1K next year

I'm sure they'll get close to 180
but we'll see

I wouldn't want to take a 1000 on a 200 mile ride, let alone a 1000 mile ride. The 1000 and the 1300 are two different animals.

Aaron Yates, the guy "in the know" of Zuk's plans for the Gixx1000

yates.jpg

Steven,Gixxer is my next bike,we talked about that the other day!!
biggrin.gif
.... are you getting "too" wheelie happy? hahaha!!!

I actually was considering a gixxer instead of a busa, but I figured I might as well go with the king... and not look like a racer punk on the road (*how gixxer riders look to leo's....).

Hey, I actually did pull a small pop up today!

I wish I had a lot of money... because I'd totally get a gixxer 750 and start trying to stunt the shid out of it... with the best gear money could buy..... but that's not the case for me right now.

For the time being... I'm "stuck" with my 2006 busa. Aww... shucks!
afro.gif

Aaron Yates, the guy "in the know" of Zuk's plans for the Gixx1000

yates.jpg
That's a great photo... but not spectacular since his helmet is cut off on the right. Still... nice shot!!! I love it!!!

Suzuki owns! We all know it!

Ducati looks rad, though... but the "ride" is what matters!!!

My son spent the day at the track on Saturday, Seattle 100! He had the priviledge of spending some time with Aaron Yates. Aaron gave everyone quite the show on a borrowed GSXR1000 Race Bike. I wasn't there but I guess he burned off a set of tires giving a slide show around turn two among others. Had that Gixxer looking like a flat track scooter with smoke coming from the rear tire as if he was doing a burn out then picking the front up for a stand up wheelie all the way to the next corner. Quite the show I guess. Exceptional talent I would say!

Anyway, according to Aaron, Suzuki is bringing a brand new version of the Gixxer out for 2007. Again, according to Aaron, the 07 gixxer will put 180 HP to the ground and if Suzuki can get enough units together to make it happen, the new gixxer will also have traction control right off the shelf? We'll see? If Traction control doesn't make it on the 07 model it will become a reality in 08 for sure? How sweet would that be?

If indeed this is the case, the poor OLD SCHOOL busa will be playing second fiddle until sales beging to drop to the point Suzuki has no choice but to improve the busa's performance.
The Hayabusa is a great seller... and Suz knows that!

They will not let a light gixxer out-do or out-run their top of the line product... the busa (99-06).

I think that statement will be agreed upon... (if it's not already been stated, lol!).

I think the new 07 busa will be better... and I'm ready to rid myself of my 06 IF the 07 is worth it.....

... we'll see!

Back