Friction Plates

busa_boy_69

Registered
My Busa now has mid twentie thousand miles on it. I am not having any problems with the clutch or shifting but I was wondering when did some of you guys have to replace your friction plates? My buddy has an 03 gixxer 1000 and had to do his at 28,000 miles. But he was a wheelie nut to. Under normal ride what did yyou fellas get out of yours?

My last set of clutches lasted a total of about 4 Months.

That's in a Drag racing environment though.
firedevil.gif

Even with hundreds of launches the clutches still didn't slip. I just wanted fresh steels and fibers to make sure all was good.

Over 30,000 miles on mine. Would have gone more, but I thought they were slipping. Turned out to be a bad fuel pump, could have gotten more out of them...

(Charlesbusa @ Mar. 26 2007,20:05) Over 30,000 miles on mine.  Would have gone more, but I thought they were slipping.  Turned out to be a bad fuel pump, could have gotten more out of them...
Interesting. How much would you say you COULD have gotten out of them? Mine aren't slipping at all. I just figured with my mileage they were getting close. Maybe I can squeeze out one more season.

(busa_boy_69 @ Mar. 27 2007,18:32)
(Charlesbusa @ Mar. 26 2007,20:05) Over 30,000 miles on mine.  Would have gone more, but I thought they were slipping.  Turned out to be a bad fuel pump, could have gotten more out of them...
Interesting. How much would you say you COULD have gotten out of them? Mine aren't slipping at all. I just figured with my mileage they were getting close. Maybe I can squeeze out one more season.
Just a pure guess, but maybe 5,000-10,000 more miles. They still had some life to them.

just pull the cover and mic them ....it's an easy thing to do...and if you are within spec...then you have ways to go.

the posted manual has the tolerances.

clutch plate life is completely dependent on riding style.

Back