Your busa may fall from it's throne

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
My son spent the day at the track on Saturday, Seattle 100! He had the priviledge of spending some time with Aaron Yates. Aaron gave everyone quite the show on a borrowed GSXR1000 Race Bike. I wasn't there but I guess he burned off a set of tires giving a slide show around turn two among others. Had that Gixxer looking like a flat track scooter with smoke coming from the rear tire as if he was doing a burn out then picking the front up for a stand up wheelie all the way to the next corner. Quite the show I guess. Exceptional talent I would say!

Anyway, according to Aaron, Suzuki is bringing a brand new version of the Gixxer out for 2007. Again, according to Aaron, the 07 gixxer will put 180 HP to the ground and if Suzuki can get enough units together to make it happen, the new gixxer will also have traction control right off the shelf? We'll see? If Traction control doesn't make it on the 07 model it will become a reality in 08 for sure? How sweet would that be?

If indeed this is the case, the poor OLD SCHOOL busa will be playing second fiddle until sales beging to drop to the point Suzuki has no choice but to improve the busa's performance.

Maybe, but I never considered the Busa and the GSXR 1000 as competation to each other. They're both in a different class and riding type ! I really don't think I would want to take a GSXR on a 1000 mile trip
wink.gif

I dunno, with all the cool technology advances, I would consider "Touring-Out" a 1000 and trading my busa in. It just has to be a bike that does EVERYTHING very well, and touring or long crusies is the 1000's downside. but maybe adjustable pegs, windscreen, much better seat, helibars, dialdown the suspension, and I'd might be good to go

My busa has traction control. It's called a clutch and throttle.
biggrin.gif

My son spent the day at the track on Saturday, Seattle 100! He had the priviledge of spending some time with Aaron Yates. Aaron gave everyone quite the show on a borrowed GSXR1000 Race Bike. I wasn't there but I guess he burned off a set of tires giving a slide show around turn two among others. Had that Gixxer looking like a flat track scooter with smoke coming from the rear tire as if he was doing a burn out then picking the front up for a stand up wheelie all the way to the next corner. Quite the show I guess. Exceptional talent I would say!

Anyway, according to Aaron, Suzuki is bringing a brand new version of the Gixxer out for 2007. Again, according to Aaron, the 07 gixxer will put 180 HP to the ground and if Suzuki can get enough units together to make it happen, the new gixxer will also have traction control right off the shelf? We'll see? If Traction control doesn't make it on the 07 model it will become a reality in 08 for sure? How sweet would that be?

If indeed this is the case, the poor OLD SCHOOL busa will be playing second fiddle until sales beging to drop to the point Suzuki has no choice but to improve the busa's performance.
IF THAT'S TRUE. I'M GETTING ONE!!!! I'M SELLING THE BUSA!!! See my track day pics on why I want a Gixxer.

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154448377 -->

dude i cant fit on a 1000. looks like a pocket rocket with me on it
smile.gif

I knew it was only a matter of time before you signed the title of your Busa over to me. Outstanding! [/QUOTE]
Uuhmm.no,I'm jus gunna add it to da collection....
tounge.gif

I was at the Seattle 100 and rode with Yates, holy S!%# that boy can ride. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet your son though.

He wheelied by me in turn 2 and in the death chute, simultaneously an ego suckin, manhood robin experience, while also being the coolest thing ever.

He autographed my gas tank and we BS'd for about 20mins next to the grand stand and watched a bike burn that hit the wall. A super cool guy, I will post a thread and pics by weeks end of the whole deal!
smile.gif

S100_7_29_06_009__Small_.jpg

cool.gif
cool.gif
PIC JUSTINTIME!!! Did you ever see his wife? She's pretty hot!!! Yates is quick. But can you imagine riding with Mladin and Spies. Let alone Rossi and Hayden? Good lord!!!

cool.gif

Suzuki is already in the position to do someting with the busa and we should see it later this year, it's just what will the changes be, weight loss is a must.

Back