Air shifter
slammed
strapped
yosh exhaust
stock gearing
da was in the negatives(MIR)
210lbs suited
bike is 3 inches over

Doesnt the ET and MPH seem down? Bike just didn't feel like it was pulling as hard as last season.

Any thoughts?

what was your 1/8 ml time and mph, if your toting the mail on the big end you should gain 28+mph over your 1/8ml mph

Me thinks you need more gearing. Also, have you looked at your clutch? It "may" be slipping which would knock your mph down as well as slow your et(depending on how bad its slipping). What rpm are you launching at?
+1 on needing 1/8 et and mph info

I'd say your MPH is very low for a Gen-II.....should be 150+ (then again what's your elevation and weather?)...

It is a racing fuel tuned can add up to 5 to 8 hp.. Will give you more mph and help et.

Thanks

I'd say your MPH is very low for a Gen-II.....should be 150+ (then again what's your elevation and weather?)...

I agree. The D/A was in the negative 1000 range. Cant get much better air than that.

Maybe my tune is off? I bought the bike with the PC in it and never had it dynoed.

Change the front sprocket to a 16t , might even want to go 2 up on the rear sprocket.
What gear are you in at the finish line? 4th or 5th?

You definately need more gearing. Your not getting the full potential of that engine.
What is your launch rpms and shift rpms? Heres what I am doing with my 08. Keep in mind I am 160 pound heavier than you.
16/52 gearing, extended 8+, Launch @ 7/8,000 and shift @ (factory tach indicated) 11,300(actual rpms) 11,000. I normally run 9.7/9.8 @ 142/143 mph. I am hitting the finish line in 6th gear and the shift light is blinking right @ the line.
As far as the fuel goes I on pump gas 89 or 90 octane. imo Using race gas(MR12) is just a waste of money unless you are really going for allout ET/speeed. Fow what that fuel costs I dont think the gains are really worth the $$$.

You definately need more gearing. Your not getting the full potential of that engine.
What is your launch rpms and shift rpms? Heres what I am doing with my 08. Keep in mind I am 160 pound heavier than you.
16/52 gearing, extended 8+, Launch @ 7/8,000 and shift @ (factory tach indicated) 11,300(actual rpms) 11,000. I normally run 9.7/9.8 @ 142/143 mph. I am hitting the finish line in 6th gear and the shift light is blinking right @ the line.
As far as the fuel goes I on pump gas 89 or 90 octane. imo Using race gas(MR12) is just a waste of money unless you are really going for allout ET/speeed. Fow what that fuel costs I dont think the gains are really worth the $$$.

I launch at 5k and shift at redline on the factory tach

Thats ok . I would change the gearing. You wont be able to go too far with the gearing cuz your only +3 extended. With the stock tail you wont be able to go much further.
The more gear you add to it the easier the front will come up.

Thats ok . I would change the gearing. You wont be able to go too far with the gearing cuz your only +3 extended. With the stock tail you wont be able to go much further.
The more gear you add to it the easier the front will come up.

I will try one down in the front

any other mods for more power besides nitrous and a bigger motor? Cams? Anything?

I dont know if they enter change, Gen 1- Gen 2 but Ive got a 44 tooth vortex hagging on the wall I could let go cheap

The mph is light for the ET . I would expect to see that more in the 150-152 mph range. Change the gearing you'll probably pick up 2/10th plus.

Back