Advice from you 1/4 mile experts. Went 9.72 today

twinvipers

Registered
This was my third time at the track with my gen 2. First time with air shifter and brocks brick. Went a few 9.72's@146.5 mph with 60 foots in the 1.67 range. No clutch mod yet. Has pipe and power commander. Stock wheel base. Lowering links set in the middle hole. Front was strapped. Stock rear tire at 30 psi. When I tried to leave harder it would just break the tire loose.

My thoughts are a shinko and the clutch mod next.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.

I am no expert.. but that looks like some good numbers for your setup...real good !!
I went last weekend ... my best was a 10.47@138...not lowerd Mich Pure 28 psi....had an extremely hard time getting off the line--60 foot sucked...Did your clutch chatter hard when trying to launch at over 2000 rpm....like mine did...9's are killer..only a dream for me right now..Good luck on your next outing. I also want to know what to do about my clutch issue..i guess just go to brocks and find out..

Last edited:
Did you have to modify the brick to get it to work on the 2nd gen? You can get a little harder launch dropping mor pressure. but a shinko will help too im sure.
Pace Master, those are good numbers for not being lowered.

My gen II is streched 6", lowered 2" and I run the Shinko 003 at 15psi. It hooks up well enough to bring my wheel up. It never breaks loose.

Did you have to modify the brick to get it to work on the 2nd gen? You can get a little harder launch dropping mor pressure. but a shinko will help too im sure.
Pace Master, those are good numbers for not being lowered.

The brick did have to be modified.

Those are pretty good ## for you setup. The Shinko will help( I have an ultra soft shinko)
With over 200 passes on it and its still in good shape. Are you getting any kind of clutch chatter? Better yet I would still get the clutch mod.. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Those are pretty good ## for you setup. The Shinko will help( I have an ultra soft shinko)
With over 200 passes on it and its still in good shape. Are you getting any kind of clutch chatter? Better yet I would still get the clutch mod.. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

No clutch chatter but will still do that mod. I will go with the shinko. What size do I need? Is bigger always better?

Thanks man

The stock size will do just fine. I know the biggest tire you can use on the stock rims is a 200. I have the 190/50/17 . I have a stock motor and no power adders(nos) So unless you have some major horsepower the stock size will work

I dont think lowering it will help the 60' times. Lowering really helps at the topend and speed. To improve you 60' you need to launch the bike alot harder and getting to full throttle sooner. Also another thing that will help 60' is stretch it out. This will let launch harder and keep the front wheel down.

Yes lower all the way down and unless your running at a real ****ty track the stock tire will go low 1.50 60 fts. at stock wheelbase. and I never go up in tire size I always go down to a 180. lower your pressure down to around 22 to 24 and try that. you never said your weigh so hard to say if that's a good time for your 60 ft or not.

I dont think lowering it will help the 60' times. Lowering really helps at the topend and speed. To improve you 60' you need to launch the bike alot harder and getting to full throttle sooner. Also another thing that will help 60' is stretch it out. This will let launch harder and keep the front wheel down.
what? :rofl:

wee

Yes lower all the way down and unless your running at a real ****ty track the stock tire will go low 1.50 60 fts. at stock wheelbase. and I never go up in tire size I always go down to a 180. lower your pressure down to around 22 to 24 and try that. you never said your weigh so hard to say if that's a good time for your 60 ft or not.

I weigh 200

i know i could have 60 footed better today if my tire wasnt spinning.

so will slamming it down net better 60's?

I weigh 200

i know i could have 60 footed better today if my tire wasnt spinning.

so will slamming it down net better 60's?
lowering the air pressure will net a better 60 if it's spinning, if you want to waste money on a tire rather than adjust pressure that's up to you, BigDaddy is giving you bad advice saying that lowering the bike will not help the 60' but will help you at the finish line. Just get a strap for the front end, not a $ triple clamp, and lower the rear with links

wee

i have a strap now. There are three holes on my links and it is on the middle setting. Should I lower it to the bottom one?

Back