building a drag bike

Made some changes to the bike and went to the track again. I put the nos mini back on the bike and went back to the 18 48 gearing. I also went cut rail now so I sit more forward on the bike. The 1st two passes the bike 60 footed 1.35s put was running rough the 1st 60 feet. I fixed that and turned the nitrous up. Got my 60 gotta in the 1.307 to 1.297 range now. 1st kit is 25hp shot 100% start then ramps down to 75% in .9 seconds. Thats about all I could do. I did 80% and it wheelies, I gave it more ramp timing and It wheelies. bike still doesn’t 60 like it should but I’m making some progress. I might try a 30 shot and ramp it down to 50%. Just to see if the bike needs more of a hit off the line. If I can’t get it to 60 better I’m going to up the 2nd jet and just power it out the back door. Really want a 4sec pass but would be happy with 5.0x. I have one more track day for a big race that I want to go to. Would like to go a round or 2. But it will be fun to go and support a race and see other fast bikes run. Hopefully learn a thing or 2. Video is a slow mo of my launch. Any advise would be appreciated.

Wow . . .

That was fast !

:race:
Who cares DRAGS FOOTBALL .jpg

It's hard to say for sure, but it looks like the bike squats ok, but then quickly bounces up, then squats down again. Could just be the tail, but looks like the frame is doing it also. If so you might want to increase rebound damping.
Looking at it on my phone it looks like the front wheel comes up just enough to see the other side and moves a couple inches hits the ground then the bike really starts moving forward. I will try increasing the rebound.

Well I got a new pb over the weekend. Made small changes to the clutch. Seems to have helped a little. Good use more fine tuning. I added washers behind the 3stage spring to get more pressure. The clutch seems to stall a little longer now. I did add one washer on my 2stage arm too. After talking to Dennis I’m going to up my nitrous jet on the first kit and see if I can get the bike to 60 foot better. Right now I have a 25 shot in it and i think I could spray that with out any ramping and not wheelie. Going to up 30 shot and see what it does first pass.

EACE45D0-3810-463F-814B-ACA17C92C3EB.jpeg

Well I got a new pb over the weekend. Made small changes to the clutch. Seems to have helped a little. Good use more fine tuning. I added washers behind the 3stage spring to get more pressure. The clutch seems to stall a little longer now. I did add one washer on my 2stage arm too. After talking to Dennis I’m going to up my nitrous jet on the first kit and see if I can get the bike to 60 foot better. Right now I have a 25 shot in it and i think I could spray that with out any ramping and not wheelie. Going to up 30 shot and see what it does first pass.

View attachment 1627364
You have made really good progress this year!

I pulled my motor out to do some upgrades. But with the governor shutting down the state is making money tight. I was going to drop the motor off to the engine builder everyone uses in my area. But with the shut down I’m going to try and tackle this myself. I got the motor split right now. Getting the transmission fixed and putting new bearings in the motor. They don’t look bad but a couple look like they had some trash go thru them. I will be redoing all the wiring I have added to the bike over the years to this winter and getting the forks rebuilt. Going to also try and get a new inner hub for my clutch. Hopefully next year will be a better year.

8398E45E-4674-4B3E-B5E4-BB2D9B31735A.jpeg

I pulled my motor out to do some upgrades. But with the governor shutting down the state is making money tight. I was going to drop the motor off to the engine builder everyone uses in my area. But with the shut down I’m going to try and tackle this myself. I got the motor split right now. Getting the transmission fixed and putting new bearings in the motor. They don’t look bad but a couple look like they had some trash go thru them. I will be redoing all the wiring I have added to the bike over the years to this winter and getting the forks rebuilt. Going to also try and get a new inner hub for my clutch. Hopefully next year will be a better year.

raView attachment 1630417
Stay on it. Racing will be here before you know it!

Had a very successful day. I installed my transmission that I had cut. That took way to long at rob bush. I had them do a prostreet cut so hopefully the bike will shift like butter and I can take some kill out of my shifts. I also installed some Carrillo rods which ain’t cheap. Motor is pretty much done just need to get a gasket kit that I managed to miss place or never made it when I ordered my stuff from schnitz over a month ago. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have the motor in the bike and running. That’s the plan. Just Incase something ain’t right I have some time to fix it. I’m pretty sure everything is good. Motor spins freely and transmission shifted in the gears. I did replace all the bearings with the same color.

81B8AA42-BE87-413F-BB1D-02C42FEC8377.jpeg

92BD5EDF-F7A9-4D31-AFB5-44C33B03C397.jpeg

5AF7F13C-B05E-447D-98FA-78ECE945AB6C.jpeg

08810766-CD1F-46AB-99AB-F1301D936F7E.jpeg

Hi What ones have you look into? I think I will go with the MAXX Race also. I will be ordering one soon.
At the time I ordered it was Pro, Race, or Sport. The Sport doesn't have enough I/O. The Pro is bigger and I have enough I/O with the Race, so that was my choice. I didn't want to find space for a Pro on my bike. Maxx has made some improvements in the usability of the I/O since I installed mine so it really will work with almost any motorcycle application. I would recommend to figure out what sensors you want to run, then set up a base map with all the I/O configured and see that it is enough.

At the time I ordered it was Pro, Race, or Sport. The Sport doesn't have enough I/O. The Pro is bigger and I have enough I/O with the Race, so that was my choice. I didn't want to find space for a Pro on my bike. Maxx has made some improvements in the usability of the I/O since I installed mine so it really will work with almost any motorcycle application. I would recommend to figure out what sensors you want to run, then set up a base map with all the I/O configured and see that it is enough.
What about wiring? Did you buy someone’s prebuilt harness or do it all yourself? That’s one thing I’m interested in. Is it worth buying a prebuilt harness from mps? Or do it all myself. The way things are looking now it will be a next winter item.

What about wiring? Did you buy someone’s prebuilt harness or do it all yourself? That’s one thing I’m interested in. Is it worth buying a prebuilt harness from mps? Or do it all myself. The way things are looking now it will be a next winter item.
I wired it myself and learned a lot. Prewired means you have to place it where the wiring allows.

Back