building a drag bike

Bike is pretty much done. Waiting on new nitrous lines then going to get it tuned. All new fuel system and bigger injectors to go with the new motor combo. Hopefully it will be much faster this year.

6D799943-92B1-4F2F-8EBA-0FE2788558E5.jpeg

Big update on this money pit.

Last year I got this bike all together and running with a new and bigger motor. Went to my 1st event and didn’t do well but bike was way to long. But the bike did 60 foot a 1.25 and went low 5s in the 8th spinning and only on one small shot. On the way home one of my other bikes started on fire and wrecked all 3 of my bikes. After the fire this bike never ran right. I chased everything and changed a lot but never could get it to work. Bike wouldn’t 60 foot and would break up mid track. So I just parked it as I didn’t want to hurt it. Over winter got a maxx race ecu installed and got alot to learn this year. Struggling right now to get the tablet to save my gauge parameters. Also need to set up auto shift. Need to get that all done for the track next weekend. I will keep this updated more this year. Hopefully make some big progress this year. Also in the process in repairing the bodywork and repainting it.

Big update on this money pit.

Last year I got this bike all together and running with a new and bigger motor. Went to my 1st event and didn’t do well but bike was way to long. But the bike did 60 foot a 1.25 and went low 5s in the 8th spinning and only on one small shot. On the way home one of my other bikes started on fire and wrecked all 3 of my bikes. After the fire this bike never ran right. I chased everything and changed a lot but never could get it to work. Bike wouldn’t 60 foot and would break up mid track. So I just parked it as I didn’t want to hurt it. Over winter got a maxx race ecu installed and got alot to learn this year. Struggling right now to get the tablet to save my gauge parameters. Also need to set up auto shift. Need to get that all done for the track next weekend. I will keep this updated more this year. Hopefully make some big progress this year. Also in the process in repairing the bodywork and repainting it.
Started fire? In your trailer? That sucks...

Hopefully you can get this bike dialed in.

Started fire? In your trailer? That sucks...

Hopefully you can get this bike dialed in.
All 3 of my bikes damaged and my buddy’s trailer was a total loss. Battery shorted out and started on fire. That’s what the fire department ruled that the battery must of shorted itself out. Was really bummed cause the bike that started on fire was my fastest hand clutch bike. Previous weekend I was trapping 145mph in the 1/8. And the insurance company wouldn’t give me much for them since they were 1st Gen busas.

BED6D915-C47F-4CDB-ACAD-1B98721AAFFB.jpeg

Sounds like we need a part out party.:banana::banana:
The lets start a new build, something fresh and clean. A new vision, empty page and unlimited opportunity. No restrictions, clear horizon like fresh air.
I rebuilt this bike and I will have pics up soon once the painting is all done. I also start a whole new build that I will share once I’m done. It will be a couple months until I share that. In the process of building a motor for it and gathering parts. I do have a bmw s1000rr that’s built with maxx ecu that replaced the busa that was complete lose from the fire.

Here’s a quick pic. Painted it the same color and looks great. It would of came out better if I spent more time with the smoothing out the body work. But the season is about to start so rushed it to get it done. Still not bad for a rattle can. I will get more pics of it outside and at the track. Also did take a good amount of weight off the bike.

EE57A534-68CB-495C-9AFE-822185AF5BBD.jpeg

remember it is a grudge frame
Wonder how bad of a street bike frame it is?
Rad mounts?
Too low?
Hi. I am going to talk to DME and see what he thinks. I am sure they could modify it to work for me and I am sure if they can not they will tell me and would not sell it to me just to make a sail. They are building the hot side of my turbo custom to work on the track and street. They help me with all of my ideas and they tell me if they do not think they will work

Hi. I am going to talk to DME and see what he thinks. I am sure they could modify it to work for me and I am sure if they can not they will tell me and would not sell it to me just to make a sail. They are building the hot side of my turbo custom to work on the track and street. They help me with all of my ideas and they tell me if they do not think they will work
I have ZERO doubt they can build what you want

Just pointing out LSR may be a completely different geometry and pivot heights and ...and......and
and you are opening a can of worms into some what uncharted waters

Is it worth it? at some point you can keep going different directions and not finish it. Has Eric started your frame mods yet? Will a entire frame manufacture take longer than the mods you had planned for your frame?

Back