building a drag bike

Made it to the track today and no improvement at all. I went a tooth up in the rear and kept turning it down. Just could not get the bike to leave hard and not wheelie.
What are you using for a steering stabilizer. I havent addressed mine yet and. I have 07 08 steering and gen 1 frame. Thinking about Scott's but thats another $170. Or buy a stock 1000. Dont feel like I have enough power to put a good one on. I can address that later when I get more money

What are you using for a steering stabilizer. I havent addressed mine yet and. I have 07 08 steering and gen 1 frame. Thinking about Scott's but thats another $170. Or buy a stock 1000. Dont feel like I have enough power to put a good one on. I can address that later when I get more money
And another thing. I'm not at all satisfied with the 1000 front end. I'm really thinking about changing to 1300 front end this winter. That was on the bike when I got it and been nothing but problems.

not happy due to failures or handling wise?
I havent even rode (or drove) the thing. That was 2 years ago yesterday, bringing it home from yadkinville. The steering damper is one thing miss match with busa frame. When I went to install in tree one was a little tight like it was not straight. 74 lbs on the nut wont let you turn the forks easy. These are used and were on the bike. I have put new seals, oil, and lowered. So it could all be that. But I put safety first, $400 set of trees a lot cheaper than crashing.

Screenshot_20200819-090153.png

So I changed my gearing to 17 46 and adjusted the nitrous ramping last night. Only got 3 passes in. I think I have left my balls at home the past 2 times going out. Cause I keep letting off once the bike just barely wheelies. I’m running out of time to get this dialed in. But still trying. If I can’t get this back to where I was with the old controller and gearing I’m going back switch back. And leave it for the year. Bike is much slower and I don’t know where that 1.5 60 foot came from. In the video the bike looked like it left just as hard as before. I put more nitrous on it that pass then the previous one. I have 2 more track days left before a couple big races in Iowa that I would like to go too. If I can get it back to the 5.2s I would be happy with that.

5EF14C9D-8152-44A5-8FBB-0C4E1D42C231.jpeg

B9F13527-7DD8-4AB6-8F8D-2EE587D3D1F8.jpeg

On the 1.39 you let off so throw that one away. On the 1.35 you are close to where you were with the other controller at the 60 but not down track. Did you let off on that one too? The 1.5 ticket you should just throw away. It doesn't even make sense. Sometimes the timing systems do give bad numbers here and there.

On the 1.39 you let off so throw that one away. On the 1.35 you are close to where you were with the other controller at the 60 but not down track. Did you let off on that one too? The 1.5 ticket you should just throw away. It doesn't even make sense. Sometimes the timing systems do give bad numbers here and there.

I would have to agree with you on the timing system error. Hopefully I can get it back to where I was before. Going to keep trying. On all 3 passes I lifted cause it was starting to wheelie. But nothing crazy. Hopefully next time I just stay in it longer and ride it out.

I would have to agree with you on the timing system error. Hopefully I can get it back to where I was before. Going to keep trying. On all 3 passes I lifted cause it was starting to wheelie. But nothing crazy. Hopefully next time I just stay in it longer and ride it out.
Make sure you are down on the tank well before the wheelie point.

Here’s some time slips with different gearing. Bike still doing the wheelies. The last pass would of been a good one if I didn’t lift a little bit before the 60. All the passes I lifted in the 60. One of the passes could of been fast as the bike sounded good out the hole but wheelied 20 feet out.

F8F75040-114E-4705-B2A0-D70F5237F37E.jpeg

65512323-0416-41D8-A792-3F42DE844DA6.jpeg

Today at work I was able to move my secondary battery to the front. Over winter I will try and mount the other battery up front and build a fuel cell for the nose. Try to get more weight up front. I might put my other brake caliper and rotor on up front for the extra weight and braking power. Probably toss the stock front wheel back on too. Lol. Hope some of the extra weight in the front helps.

D9FA6DE2-251B-4331-8500-8790EACA5C3A.jpeg

BE4AE373-F1B1-4948-B073-E839ADB25DED.jpeg

Back