building a drag bike

Add
Fuel .

:poke:

#DownforceExhaust ~ #RealDragbike ~ #TopFuelNitro ~ #THEoRg *

i have a 03 busa that iam building into a drag bike.

right now it has for mods

6 inch extensions
1 down front 2 up rear sprockets
race filter
quick shifter
pc5
auto tuner
mr12
00 subframe
full yosh exhaust
front race plastic
12 inch extended tail
lowered front 1.5 inches
lowering lnks in the rear as low as possible

best 60 foot 1.566
best et 9.38

my plans are
light weight swingarm 10 to 14 over stock
side winder
flat pan
new lowering links so I can go lowering
front fender lowering bracket
Penske shock
smaller front tire
air shifter set up
auto shifter

I would love some advise on what parts to get. like brands and stuff to watch out for.

like whats the best auto shift set up?
what flat pan to get?

any advise on how to make this bike faster and best place to get parts.

I do have a spray bar for the bike but I want to get the bike all set up on motor and get my 60 foots down in the 1.4 before spraying this bike.
thanks for any advise you guys are willing to share.
How is your gearing -1, +2 for street riding?

How is your gearing -1, +2 for street riding?
On stock motor that gearing works pretty good. But with my 1397 motor I run 18 40 gears and that works great. It lets me start in 1st gear. Which you need to start in the same gear as your opponent. If you don’t it might go so well

On stock motor that gearing works pretty good. But with my 1397 motor I run 18 40 gears and that works great. It lets me start in 1st gear. Which you need to start in the same gear as your opponent. If you don’t it might go so well
I have a gen 2 busa. I'm stretched inches now and down -1 up front. I just ordered a 45 tooth sprocket.

This Saturday looks like it might be the last nice day I can make it to the track. Hope to install my new nitrous set up so I can run 2 kits. If I can get this installed I will be changing my plugs out and finding some stiffer clutch springs. Right now my clutch is slipping in 5th and 6th gear. I have ape 60 pounders but those slip worse then the smaller springs I have now. Going to try the 60 pounders again with out the sleeve and Allen bolt they come with. Plan is to ramp in one kit with a 46 jet on a spray bar and fog the box with the solenoid down the track.

9D85E0DD-1912-4542-B778-30FE53E29B02.jpeg

Last night I was changing the plugs out and one off them snapped off. Super bummed. Was hoping to go to the track this morning and try getting that 7 second pass on a hand clutch. I guess I will have to wait till next year. I did go last weekend after make some adjustments to the tune and nitrous setting. Bike went 8.42 at 168 with a 1.574 60 foot. That was the only good pass of the day. The track was super slick that day. Trying to figure out a clutch spring set up that will hold the power. I would like to buy a clutch over winter. But there’s a event that I want to try and it’s rules state true hand clutch. So I want to keep my bike a hand clutch for next year

04A251EB-0139-4577-A981-669B87635422.jpeg

If the plug was fighting you the whole way. You probably detonated a bit and material built up on the last thread

I hope that’s not the case. Pretty sure the threads were just messed up when I put that plug in last time. Which was a long time ago. We will find out when I pull the head. Everyone tells me it can be done with out pulling the motor. But I don’t want to risk getting any metal in the cylinder. Especially since I plan on running a big shot next year

I hope that’s not the case. Pretty sure the threads were just messed up when I put that plug in last time. Which was a long time ago. We will find out when I pull the head. Everyone tells me it can be done with out pulling the motor. But I don’t want to risk getting any metal in the cylinder. Especially since I plan on running a big shot next year
Get the head done while you have it out....good time for cams while you're at it.

I would get the piece out. Chase it with a tap. Crank the motor over with the plugs out. Head would get pulled when snow flys

It’s been a busy winter but finally made time to work on the bike. First I brought the bike to my buddies shop and we attempted to pull the rest of the plug out. That didn’t go as we planned. His tool wasn’t long enough to grab the whole broken piece. He did get another chunk out but not the whole thing. So I pulled the motor and popped the head off. We’re going to try pulling the rest out going towards the cylinder since that’s less distance and hopefully won’t damage anymore threads. The broken piece we did get out come easy once it broke off. I hope the threads are still good otherwise the machine shops are 5 weeks out.

D0BDE305-142D-4A9E-9E7E-89EC15470CE7.jpeg

Once it get this all fixed and the I know the motor runs again I will be buying a Hays hand clutch and a shock for the bike. I haven’t decided yet if I want to go with a full slick or stay will the shinko.

Back