If its not a Drag bike is a Turbo worth it?

xXBusaKingXx

Registered
So i would want a turbo for extra speed,power,acelleration and the bad ass sound when you shift :laugh:
But if its not a drag bike i dont want to have to rebuild the motor constantly and i want to keep it on pumpgas
if these were my goals wat kind of turbo would i need and how much boost control would i need and do they come with blow off valves or do you buy those seperate
or should i just stay away from all that horse power

So i would want a turbo for extra speed,power,acelleration and the bad ass sound when you shift :laugh:
But if its not a drag bike i dont want to have to rebuild the motor constantly and i want to keep it on pumpgas
if these were my goals wat kind of turbo would i need and how much boost control would i need and do they come with blow off valves or do you buy those seperate
or should i just stay away from all that horse power

Boostbysmith.com, site sponsor, screen name Smithabusa. He has an awesome very powerful streetable turbo bike. That seems to be what you would want, and he has details on his build that will answer all your questions.
I'm not a turbo guy, but you can have a good dependable daily driver turbo on pump gas. They are not all set up as wild 1/4 mile rockets.

Busa has more than enough acceleration to get you in trouble or dead :whistle: Not enough ??? cause you just may find that you will never have enough :whistle: :laugh:

idk i do find my self going much faster than my friends one refuses to go faster than 150
but i took mine to 160 first week i bought it still want to go faster :laugh:

Rcc stage 1 and your set. The owner of Rcc is even a member here, great for all those turbo questions.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I love mine. You won't get a bov sound like you hear from a car, but you do get the wastegate sound which tickles me pink everytime :cheerleader:

Here's a video of my bike last year before it was tuned on a good base map hardly staying in to it. Notice the power wheelie after the stop light. This was also with a Tial 50mm bov.

- Murderedout07's daytime test clip...with a little more boost[/url]

My bike made 247@6psi on pump gas. I beat the hell out of it every day, and once a week I'd put race gas in, and hold it wide open on the highways. The bike was also stock wheelbase, just lowered. 250hp is more then enough power on the street, but if you do like to go to the strip a lot, it gets old really fast. So now this year it's a stage 2 bike, and capable of over 400hp...just needs to be tuned.

However spend the extra money to do a spacer plate. Yes you can run a stage 1 on stock compression, but if you get some bad gas, or your fmu is having a bad day your going to burn up a piston. Lowering your compression gives you more room for error, plus you can run up to 300hp with stock internals, and a spacer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back