I wanna buy a turbo, bolt it on with the right map

The Big Red One

Registered
Hey guys I've been a big fan of turbo's since I owned a factory turbo bike. I'm a pretty good mechanic and have no doubts I can install a turbo kit just fine. I'm wondering tho if I can just run the low boost setting with the right map and ride it like I do now...or is it gonna be a finicky breaks more than it runs garage queen? My Seca 650 ran like champ....even after I raised the boost a ton. I'm kinda hoping a well installed kit on the Busa would be the same? I just want to bolt it on....no multiple expensive dyno sessions..constant fiddling ect. And I don't need high boost. Thanks for any feedback you guys can give
biggrin.gif

First off I want to say I do not now or have i ever owned a Turbo Busa. Th e opinion I am about to give comes from over a year of reading the .org about an hour a day.

In a word ... No
wink.gif

With secondary injectors and secondary fuel controller yes, no problem, with the base kits and the FMU, sometimes they can need some adjusting.

Richard

motorheads maps are dang near dead nutz on. LOTS of his kits go out and have the owner install them and use him general low boost map and runs fine. If you're gonna go with big power then get it mapped. I wouldn't have a problem runnin one of his maps that he sent me.

Motorheads MAPS for the Ghetto are Wayy rich. I mean pegged at 10.0 to 1 and richer off the damn scale. Use a Wideband Commander and MAP the fuel injection yourself.
Mad`

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133934669 -->

those two had a cat fight and pulled each others hair.... there is some bad blood there.... just ignore it.

Seriously, my intercooled Ghetto kit pulled a whopping 200 HP on two different dynos because it was so rich. The Dynojet fuel chart doesn't go richer than 10.0 to 1 and that's where my Ghetto kit was pegged all the time with the MAP that Motorhead sent.
JohnnyCheese fixed it.
Mad`

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133934763 -->

Easy Dale, I prefer the Cheeseman too really, really knows his stuff but Dennis has been a friend of the board for a long time.

With secondary injectors and secondary fuel controller yes, no problem, with the base kits and the FMU, sometimes they can need some adjusting.

Richard
Thanks for the info everybody. Richard what do you mean by secondary injectors? I just want to run a low boost on my bone stock 04 Busa without having to touch the motor. I don't need big power, 5-6 lbs of boost is more than enough. And I was leaning towards a Ghetto kit FstBusa...if I could bolt on and go with no running issues I'd be happy with whatever ponies I got, cause I know its gonna be plenty
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

with 6 lbs of boost you'll be around 220-250hp probably

secondary injectors are injectors that are mounted in your plenum and supply extra fuel needed above say 10lbs of boost.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133959744 -->

Well, since you have no access to support requests, messenger mail, or email, I have no way to say what I have to say. If I post it here I will be moderated, my posts text modified without my knowing about it, and deleted.
How can I reach you? All the links on this board obviously do not work.
Mad`

Back