Will it be reliable?

gsx1300rr

Registered
I am putting a stage one SRP turbo on my bike in the next 2-3 months, the extra options I am going to include are the
50mm Tial BOV
Spacer
Steel valve springs
Air to air intercooler
3 Bar Map Sensor.
ECU Tune (great tuner)
My goal is to run 10lbs of boost, or try to get close to 300rwhp without* sacrificing reliability. I want a ton of power, but MOST importantly I do not want to sacrifice reliability. Is 10lbs to much with this setup? In theory, how much boost is safe (considering the tune is good)?

no studs? no engine work? I would be careful running pump gas at 10psi if you do any long runs at full throttle.

Is your bike a GEN I or GEN II? GEN II's require a bit more motor work to run 10 lbs.

At that power level I would go for a set of rods at the very least, since you'll have the motor split. 300hp is about the ceiling for stock rods. I'm sure there are some that have gone above it, but rhe risk you run with stock rodssd far out weighs the cost of a set of new rods.

You can run 14-15 pounds of boost on pump fuel with the A/A intercooler and a little timing pulled. Studs are a must! I would not go over 325 rear wheel with stock rods, I have seen them leave the motor at 380 and ventilate the case. Build it once, build it right . . . pay now, or pay more later:rulez:

You can run 14-15 pounds of boost on pump fuel with the A/A intercooler and a little timing pulled. Studs are a must! I would not go over 325 rear wheel with stock rods, I have seen them leave the motor at 380 and ventilate the case. Build it once, build it right . . . pay now, or pay more later:rulez:

X2!! You need to do valves too, but that will be a solid set up. No more then 300hp, 320 is about the threshold as stated a above. I have a srp kit, but made it a stage 2, that turbo brings on the pain quick! Your gonna love it.

Yeah, I guess it helps if I include the bike its going on huh! Its an 08 Hayabusa w/7 thousand miles. So it sounds like 10psi is a bit much for the setup I have in mind. I was hoping to get close to the 300hp mark.

I am putting a stage one SRP turbo on my bike in the next 2-3 months, the extra options I am going to include are the
50mm Tial BOV
Spacer
Steel valve springs
Air to air intercooler
3 Bar Map Sensor.
ECU Tune (great tuner)
My goal is to run 10lbs of boost, or try to get close to 300rwhp without* sacrificing reliability. I want a ton of power, but MOST importantly I do not want to sacrifice reliability. Is 10lbs to much with this setup? In theory, how much boost is safe (considering the tune is good)?

Good combo if you include the studs for ~10-12 psi
i have similar on my 08 streetbike, except for a water/air cooler and is ~300 hp at 10 & 320ish at 12 , i also turned the crank gear putting the cam timing back to std rather than use adjustable sprockets , and ceramic coated the pistons for a little extra insurance

look at Greg Smiths build up on here for another very similar setup but without cooler

Thanks for the input so far. I wanted to do top speed runs, not so much drag racing. From what i've heard I should put it off until I can do rods/pistons at the same time for the reliable 300hp

Back