400hp top end parts recommendations

Hi You can get a bigger spacer plate like .100 or .125. have the block checked out to see how much they cut it. I have a 2mm stroked Marine crank for 1340ccs, but the custom JE pistons have 20mm pins and are 10 to 1s. how much boost are you planing to run. what fuel? When I run VP M1 I will make about 60 lbs boost. The costs with ECU, coils, injectors and clutch is about $30,000.00 with turbo about $45,000.00+
I’m building the whole engine for 700+, but limiting myself to 400 with the turbo on purpose.
I’ll be using a water to air intercooler and pump gas, should take about 23/24 psi to hit my goal.

Awesome man, thanks for the help!
Could I get another?? Lol
The guy I bought the engine from said the deck was milled a bit, but wasn’t sure how much. I know I’ll be needing a 0.080 base spacer already, but with a shaved deck and the wossner pistons being 10:1, is there a way to figure out what spacer to get, that puts me closer to 9:1 or even 8.5:1?
Probably some measuring for sure, but is there a standard known for spacer plates to get me close? Like does a 0.01 lower compression by 0.2 or something? Lol. Sorry to bother you again.

There is a rule of thumb for that. But even 10:1 is still plenty low for safe boosting. I wouldn’t worry about it, just make sure your PTV clearances are in check.

Back