Reliable turbo kits

im about 250 and the additional weight and power of the turbo made the nose dip quickly at high speeds, (obsticles come up quickly) can you say tank slapper. I still have a bad habbit under fast reactions to grab the brake and twist the throttle at the same time. I went to 1.1 springs and it helped. Gorilla on a rocket :)

I'm at 270 what spring weight is recommended? Also turbo and nose drives.
Any links would be great

I recall adjusting my forks top and bottom soon after buying it in 06. The excess dive was what I was trying to eliminate or at least, lessen. I went up a few w in fork oil when I changed the seals too. Seems to be a lot better. I had the rear adjusted then too. If I wanted a more responsive or competitive suspension I’d change it all as I’m over 6’ and around 240 with gear.

Do it.
You think you like how your bike rides now, with new fork springs and proper sag, night and day.

Bad thing about lowering the forks on a street bike is losing travel, makes for a rough ride, and it's easy to smash hard parts like exhaust, and oil pans.
usually lowered oil pan is used.... and if its done right.. the internally lowered forks are not taken to an extreme... again... going turbo... to utilize all that power... usually suspension changes are made..... but not always....

i've decided to upgrade the brakes before going turbo :D
seems to be the sensible thing to do

found a kit that does brembo discs, calipers, pads, lines, fluid,,, everything except the MC. might have to get that separately

i've decided to upgrade the brakes before going turbo :D
seems to be the sensible thing to do

found a kit that does brembo discs, calipers, pads, lines, fluid,,, everything except the MC. might have to get that separately
Don’t think sensible and turbo busa can be used in same sentence.

Do it.
You think you like how your bike rides now, with new fork springs and proper sag, night and day.
if I had a nickel for every time the words "proper sag" came out of sixs mouth................ here is my version of "proper sag"
Almostlover1209-big-boobs-plus-size-bikini-women-swimwear-bikinis-2017-mujer-biquini-monokini-...jpg

I think living on an island ( I do as well) and owning 3 turbo bikes in the past. I think you would be happy with a simple bolt on low boost turbo. Dont change anything on the engine other than an ecu tune or power commander. Run 6-8 lbs of boost. All you need is a properly sized turbo, header/intake and rising rate regulator. Simple enough. I ran this on my old busa and my GSXR 1000 and ran 8.70-8.80s on both of them and I am about 230lbs.

how long did the stock busa last on an unopened engine and boost?
I put mine on at about 5k and it had over 30k on it when I sold it. Many runs down the strip, not many top end runs, the gen 1 busas were pretty low compression stock so no biggie, the gen 2 is at 12.5 so a bit more. But that is the same as my GSXR had and it was a stock motor too. And I put quite a few thousand miles on it, did pull some timing to be safe.

I put mine on at about 5k and it had over 30k on it when I sold it. Many runs down the strip, not many top end runs, the gen 1 busas were pretty low compression stock so no biggie, the gen 2 is at 12.5 so a bit more. But that is the same as my GSXR had and it was a stock motor too. And I put quite a few thousand miles on it, did pull some timing to be safe.

awsome. i have a RCC turbo kit, all i need is to decide on a turbo and make the exhaust and waste gate pipes and i have been debating about this for a while. if i could throw it together on a stock engine and be "safe", while i build and engine for it that would be awesome. i was jsut afraid to try and boost a completly stock engine with out at least like head studs and main caps.. etc.

These guys are great to deal with. The Shorai is out of stock but this one isn’t. I never buy back ordered goods, never. Cancel!

https://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/lithium-iron-batteries/sstx14h-fp.html

BTW, check the 1982 Honda CBX standard battery and you’ll see my old touring bagger with 103,000 miles sitting in the middle of hiway 395 in southern Oregon one summer day heading to Montana.
sixe concerns.. and I had a 360CCA battery but it was only 7.5 Ah... new one is 720CCA and 12aH

Back