Questions about electronics for the turbo install on K8

Hattat

Registered
Hi all,

I ordered RCC stage 2 kit for my K8. I will be going around 3-4 # boost. But may increase boost next year with the modification of engine parts.
The kit will be coming with Tial 50mm BOV. The add on electronics will be AMS 500 2 stage boost controller with gear based activation, Power commander, wideband commander and LCD unit.
First question is do I need dynojet multifunction complete hub kit to connect all the stuff. As you may know this hub kit has a boost input option makes it possible to have the fuel automatically increase with boost level. When an adjustable boost controller is used, this capability eliminates the need for re mapping each time the boost level is changed.
Second, I have no info about ignition modules. Do I need with turbo applications?
Third, do I miss any other electronics to go.

Thanks,

Hattat

No need for a pc cause the secondary fuel controller allows for more fuel with the bigger boost levels. If you need more boost at different rpm or different gears smithabusa can hook you up with a msbc.

lz is right, you will have a secondary injector controller with your stage 2 kit to control boosted fueling, each boost leve has to be mapped. Even with a hub you have to map the different boost levels, it doesn't know how much fuel you need at each increase in boost unless you dyno it and see.

check out my site under ams500 i can do a gps mod for your bike that will allow gear based activation of the ams500, your gear indicator would read 5 all the time though. I am working on a new plug and play device but not sure it works on 2008's, something has changed in the gps circuit i think.

Last edited:
So you mean fuel controller adjust it self for the extra boost and no need for a PC. Then will it be OK to use AMS 500, wideband commander and Power commander LCD unit without a PC?
I think you mean ams 500 with gear based activation. First I saw that on your website and ordered it from stedman racing with my turbo kit. So my ams 500 is coming with gear based activation. But how come they wont work with 2008`s. They told me nothing about it.

they work fine on the 08's my new device i am working on that doesn't require you to remove the gps sensor i dont think will work on the 08's, what I sent Jay will work well on your bike.

Most of us who run secondary injectors with its own controller (should be a microtec coming from RCC) dont use a power commander at all, if anything it would be just for part throttle tuning, putting around town kind of stuff.
Greg

Greg, so you sent Jay a modified sensor which will replace the stock sensor on my bike? And what will happen with the gear indicator on the dash? Will it show accurately?

Greg, so you sent Jay a modified sensor which will replace the stock sensor on my bike? And what will happen with the gear indicator on the dash? Will it show accurately?

Yes I sent him one last week maybe I forget when, he said it was for a customer overseas, your dash will read 5th gear all the time with this modded to output to a boost controller.

Back